20. Internal Pain

20. Internal Pain

I couldn't sleep... All I saw was his face, his smirk while he took my strength, pride and joy away from me. Ulysses was everywhere; in my dreams, in my mind, every where I turn- I have these illusions that he's right behind me. I didn't feel safe anymore, not even in my own home.

I couldn't run, only because there was no where to go. Scott was helpful enough, Nance is just blaming herself- I didn't need that right now. It's been weeks since I've been back to work, I needed therapy myself.

I ran my fingers through my hair while taking deep breaths to calm myself. I even took a few shots of tequila to make myself stable, however the drinking only made me worse- so worse, I wanted to pull my hair out with a broken glass.

"Fuck," I groaned while rubbing my eyes with my palms. I turned away from the mirror in front of me, tears slide down my cheeks like a waterfall, my lips quivered and insides tightened.

"Nīa! Are you okay?" Nance knocked on the locked bathroom door.

"Y-yes, I'm fine." I said while wiping my tears away. When I unlocked the door, Nance immediately barged in with a worry look upon her face. "I'm fine Nance, no need to become a fucking worried mother." I walked out on her with clenched fist.

"Nīa, I'm just worried about you-"

"Everyone is worried! Oh Nīa how you holding up?... Nīa I'm sure he's going to burn in hell!.. Nīa I'm here with open arms.. All pity, no one understands." I turned to her with tears in my eyes, along with rage. "Stop worrying and carry on with your life, Nance. Your worrying is going to make it worse." I collected my belongings before walking out of her room and soon front door.

I didn't go to my apartment, me being there would make it worse. Like I said, I didn't feel safe because Ulysses know where I live. I went to the only place where he wouldn't dare to look, the only place I wouldn't dare to walk in.

I knocked on the thick oak door of the large mansion, immediately a woman with a maid outfit on peeked her head out. "May I help you?"

"Um, is Olivia home? I'm Nīa, her-"

"Bella, I can take it from here." Speaking of the devil, she dismissed Bella with a wave and occupied the door way with a evil smirk upon her face. "Well Nīa, what a lovely surprise."

My hands rubbed up and down my sleeveless arm, "Olivia I don't really have the patience and care to go back and forth with you right now." I sighed heavily before spitting out what I needed to say. "I need a place to hide out. Some shit happened and I'm not quite safe sleeping in my home."

Olivia stared at me up and down, noticing my attire- which consist of sweats and a loose shirt. "Some shit, huh?"

"Olivia, you know I wouldn't be coming to you if it wasn't serious." I pointed out.

Olivia sighed heavily while moving aside to let me in. I hesitated before walking across the threshold, into the large and beautiful mansion that I only seen at charity events. "So," She started off to say while closing and locking the door. "What happened to you?"

A shiver went up my spine as I remembered that awful night, "J-just something unforgettable. I'm not safe in my apartment anymore. Just a couple of days, I promise."

Olivia stepped to my side while looking at me up and down, "Oh Nīa." That pity... that damn sympathy she's going to inflict on me before I even told her what happened.

"Don't.." I said while stepping away from her. "I don't need your sympathy, just need a place to stay- that's all."

Olivia features immediately turned hard, her usual facial expression that I knew and grew up with. "Fine, fuck you then."