14. Wicked Woman..

14. Wicked Woman..

My mother stood before me, with her perfectly waxed eyebrows slanted, plump brown lips now thin, arms crossed in front of her triple D's chest, and her chin upward as she judged me from where I stand and apparently for what I was wearing.

My mouth was gaped open in shock and at any moment a fly would sit on my tongue, so I snapped it closed; not because of the fly, but because of my mothers mouth. I could just hear her compliment from her eyes and posture. "Mother hat are you doing here? The bigger question is how did you know I was here?" I asked while letting the hotel door slam close behind me, which made my mother jerk in shock.

"First of all, you know I hate when doors are slammed closed. Second of all, I can't visit my only daughter."

No.... "Why the sudden appearance? Especially after my divorce." I did her move by crossing my arms in front of her chest. If anyone else, I get my attitude from my mother; but her attitude is ten times worse than mine.

A sigh past through her lips as her body relaxed...slightly. "I wanted to see if you are alright, it's you're first divorce-"

"And my last." I stated before she can add any rude comments to that sentence. "I appreciate your sudden show of face mom, but I don't really need a shadow right now."

Her eyes widened as if I just cursed her to hell; however, my mother was never known to be the shadow- hell! She hates being called one. "Shadow!?"

"Yes, shadow." I stepped towards the kitchen bar to put my stuff down and also make myself a drink.

My mother hesitated before slowly walking behind the bar and seating in one of the stools by poking her butt out as if she's showing her class...

Even though she shouldn't drink with me, I fixed her a drink anyway; both of us need to loosen up. "News? What news? Are you getting married...for the fifth time?" I slide the crystal glass full of strong scotch towards her, while trying to ignore her glares that burned my forehead.

"No, I'm not getting married. But your sister, Olivia is."

I lifted up my glass to down the strong scotch, but I stopped because of her statement that I needed to correct. "Step-sister mom, she's my step-sister. To be precise, she's my ex-step-sister- since you broke it off with her father."

My mother slowly rolled her eyes, knowing it's true. "Still, you two knew each other for so long."

"We also hated each other too. Don't tell me you came all this way to share news that could of been said over a phone call." Finally, I took the shot and cringed from the stinging after taste. Oddly, the wicked woman in front of me did not down her drink like it was her medicine; instead she stared down at the dark brown liquid as if she was debating rather to take the shot. "You're not drinking." I informed, hoping she just blacked out for a second and forgot about the refreshing liquor.

However, my theory was incorrect. Instead, my mother pushed the glass away. "No, I'm not feeling it." My mother pushing away a glass of scotch was like a horse refusing water. It just not right....

"Are you dying?" I blurted out as my eyes slanted.

She slowly rolled her eyes at me, "Of course you would love to hear a yes. But no, I'm not dying. I met someone that does not favor drinking; I'm trying to cut down."

"Like I said before, husband number five?"

She shrugged her shoulders and downed her drink without a second thought. "If I play my cards right."

"Why are you actually here mom? To rub stuff in my face?" I asked, obviously tired of her presence already.

"No, like I said I came to share news and to also see if it's true that Scott is in town."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Why do you need to know?"

"Because I am a concerned mother. I'm taking you two already met up; how is that going?"

I sighed while pouring myself another glass of poison, I didn't answer her verbally; but I knew my face was telling it all. It was going great... My mother lips turned into a devious smile, I should of known she has something up her sleeve; she schemes, that's what she do. "That's all you came here for, to put your nose in my business?"

"Like I said, I wanted to share some good news and also wanted you to ask Scott as your plus one for the wedding."

"Like I said, this could of been done on the phone, at least I could easily hang up on you." By far, my mother was unamused by my behavior, but what did she expect. Years of being picked into someone I'm not, it makes a person cold and bitchy. "If you would excuse me, I would like to hit the hay. You know where the door is." I waved her off while taking off my heels and making my way to the king size hotel bed.

Fortunately, my mother left with a few curse words coming out her mouth and a slam of the hotel door. Once the air was clear and I could finally breath, I inhaled the fresh scent of the fluffy covers under me before corking a smile.