Chapter One

Zuma looked up to see his two friends playing tug of war together across the yard, as the sun was starting to set behind them. Chase and Marshall were always going at it, competing to see who the best at every little thing was. Despite that, they were sort of like brothers and Zuma as the newest Paw Patrol member often felt left out. The lab didn't want to burden them with his problems though, he figured if they wanted him to play too, they would have asked.

Still, they looked like they were having a lot of fun over there. Maybe I should just go ask if I can play too. He thought to himself, then shaking his head. I'll just go see if Wyder wants to play fetch with me instead, if he's not too busy.

Zuma sprinted towards the Lookout, the doors opened on their own and he scanned the room, looking around for their owner. "Wyder, you in hewe dude?" The lab called out. Nothing. He headed up the elevator next, sometimes the boy would hang out on the balcony and play his video games. Stepping out into the empty room above the lab called out again to no avail. I guess he must have gone out somewhewe. Wiewd, he usually tells us if he is though.

Zuma started to get a worried expression on his muzzle, he was about to call when he remembered something. Maybe he's ovew at that salon giwls place. He thought, a grin forming in place of his previous frown. I bet he was too embawassed to tell us, cause he likes hew. The lab snickered to himself.

With that thought, Zuma headed back out of the elevator to join the other pups, but just as soon as he stepped out Ryder burst through the doors carrying something in his arms. Zuma couldn't quite make out what it was, though he noticed Marshall and Chase were following close behind. "What's going on Ryder?" Marshall asked.

"Yeah is everything alright Ryder sir?" Chase added. A concerned look on his muzzle.

"Uh, yeah I think so pups, sorry to worry you. I was over at Katie's for a visit." Ryder continued as he set the mysterious object down in Zuma's pup bed. The other pups came over to get a closer look at it.

"You bwought anothew pup?" Zuma asked, looking down into his bed he realized that the object was actually a small grey pup, probably a bit older than he was. Wow The lab thought to himself He looks so thin and dirty, I wonder if he's okay.

Ryder carefully wrapped the small pup into a little green blanket and left him there on the bed. "I found him out cold in an ally on my way back from Katie's. I'm pretty sure he just passed out from hunger, the little guy doesn't have a collar or anything. Must be a street pup." The boy answered.

The three pups were crowding around the new arrival, curiously sniffing him. Ryder shooed them away gently. "Alright pups, let's let the poor thing get a bit of rest. I'll make sure there's a bowl of food and some water waiting for him when he gets up. We'll sort everything out then." He told them

"What do you mean Ryder sir?" Chase asked. "By sorting it out I mean? Is he gonna be a new member of the Paw Patrol?" The Shepherd pup added.

Ryder rubbed his chin, "Well we don't know if the pup has any skills or not so it's hard to say right now, but I can't turn him away back to the streets if he has nobody to go to. He can stay with us if he likes, but I'll leave that up to him when he wakes up." The boy decided.

Zuma was lost in his own thoughts, admiring the fragile looking pup. A new pup, I wondew if he's nice. Can't wait 'till he wakes up. I've nevew seen a bweed like him befowe, what kind is he? Whatevew he is, he's kind of adowable.