♔ vii. - "It's scary."

Start from the beginning

Does she really like him that way? Or is it something else? Why did she say that? What did she see in him? Does he like her too?

These are the questions that always ran in Yeri's mind and this said beach date is only making her even more curious. Maybe she's being overprotective or maybe she's just plain curious. Never have Seulgi ever told them if she ever liked someone in middle school and hearing that she currently has her eyes on someone makes her endlessly curious. Not like she has ever told them she has someone she's interested in either but the difference between her and Seulgi is that she's easy to read compared to her eonnie.

"Yeri-ah." Seulgi called out as she looked at the list in her hand. "You can get the strawberry milk shake for you and Joy. Meet me at the cereal section." Yeri nodded and scurried, passing different isles expertly. Already used to grocery shopping, she has the place memorized like the back of her hand. Finding the drinks section, she scanned in search for the strawberry milk shake and frowned when she saw the last carton of the said drink. Nonetheless, she walked towards it and reached for it. Her frown couldn't have become worse when another hand grabbed the carton.

"I grabbed it first." She said sternly and with brows furrowed, she turned to her strawberry milk shake rival and immediately let goes of the drink with a short gasp.

The carton of drink fell on the tiled floor of the grocery store with a thud from the sudden jerk from her. She watched the guy picked it up, her heart hammering from her chest with her hands clutching on it as if scared it would jump right out from the inside.

"J−Jungkook." Finding her voice, she stuttered the name of the guy who's the reason of her trembling heart. A blush creeps on her cheeks when she realized how awestruck she sounded. But how could she not when she has liked him ever since they were in middle school. Jungkook was in between being sociable and closed-off. He wasn't easy to approach to but a good friend when you come to know him. He has lots of friends, Yeri knew that. Guy friends, though, but it was better than him being friendly towards girls, right? Because if he is, it still won't change the fact that she's too shy to even say a word.

Jungkook eyed her curiously and this only made the girl blush even more. She couldn't help but admire his messy hair under that beanie; her heart beating faster than before when she realized he's wearing casual clothes. A plain white shirt, black jeans that hugged his strong thighs perfectly, and brown timberlands to go along with that. It was her first time seeing him dressed like this and she thanked heavens that it was her turn for grocery shopping.

 It was her first time seeing him dressed like this and she thanked heavens that it was her turn for grocery shopping

"Here. You can have it." She blinked at him, her eyes shifting from him to the carton drink over and over again before she finally, slowly reaches for it, careful not to be in contact with his hand or else she'll blow up.

"Th−thank you." Jungkook gave her a salute before grabbing a different drink. A lemon drink, Yeri noted. She listened to him hum as he scanned for a few more drink and watched him turn away but before he could completely do so, he remembered something. He faced her yet again, surprising her when he looked at her in the eye making her blush. He was either unaware of this effect or he chose to ignore it, either way, she's thankful.