"Oh. Well, do you like cross country, kid?" The Coach asked with a raised eyebrow, expecting Callas to groan.

     "I love it." She smirked. The Coach nodded his head with a firm smile, almost proud of her answer.

     One of the other students scoffed, Callas glanced over. "Have you ever actually ran in the rain back from wherever you came from? Because it's not like running in the sun." Callas couldn't help but cringe at how snobbish and ignorant the student was.

     "I'm from La Push. I lived in Utah for over a year, I went running during snow storms. Weather doesn't affect how I run."

     She crossed her arms, the other student closed their mouth and looked away, not expecting that answer either. Apparently, Callas was full of surprises. The Coach laughed to himself, clapping Callas on the back, squeezing her shoulder. Obviously taking a liking to Callas. Soon enough, Henry came running out, joining the rest of them, standing next to Callas with his arms crossed as the Coach explained what he wanted from them. All he said was four laps. Callas didn't think it was that hard, especially if the rain was going to be keeping them cool as they ran.

     "Did I miss much?" Henry asked as they both began jogging together at a steady pace, while others were sprinting ahead, not realising that it wasn't a good idea.

     "No, I just shot down one of the kids who didn't think I could run in the rain."

     "Was it the one in the red shorts?" He motioned his head to one of the students just a bit ahead of them.

     "Yeah, how'd you know?"

     "They said the same thing to me last year."

     "What did you tell them?"

     "As an Alaskan, the rain is nothing compared to snow." He shrugged his shoulders while Callas let out a small laugh.

     "Exactly my point. How long did you live in Alaska for?"

     "A few years or so before we moved around. My parents used to make us go every year, for about ten years, before they split up. I doubt me and Dad will continue going up there."

     "Bad memories?"

     "Something like that, yeah."

     Callas understood. Although she did like Utah, the memories of her father still lingered there. It was the last place they went to while he was still alive. He was always outdoorsy, something Callas picked up on. His love for the woods and outdoors, anything to do with being closer to nature, was something that he shared with both Callas and Reed, although more so with Callas. So, she could understand why Henry and his father wouldn't want to go back to a place where memories of his mother stayed.

     Callas heard Jared behind them, no doubt talking to Quil, "They won't like it," Jared's voice was low. Yet Callas could still hear.

     "It made its way onto the Rez without being spotted, of course, they won't like it," Quil responded.

     "It's going to cause trouble."

     "A few phasing's at least."

     They sounded rather cryptic. It annoyed Callas that she couldn't pick up what they were talking about. But it didn't matter as Henry and herself picked up the pace a bit, almost like a silent challenge to see who could beat the other. The Coach was sitting down on one of the chairs, his sweatpants and sweatshirt were almost covered by his thick black coat, as he watched everyone run. Callas noticed he was eating an apple, and a thermos was in his other hand. That small distraction gave Henry a small head start on the track. The rain pelted down harder, small hail stones dropped down, but Callas only ran harder, running past Henry.