Family is only skin deep: Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

Art went quickly as usual and I met up with Imogen and Dynasty for break, we walked along the corridor towards the library when Kevin came over and practically dragged Dynasty away, I just shrugged and walked into the library closely followed by Imogen. We sat down at a computer together and logged in to start our English project which we were supposed to be doing with Dynasty as well but we said we’d started it without her if we needed to. We’d just about finished the first page when I saw Kevin walk past the window; I got out of my chair and ran over to the door “Good luck Kev!” I shouted after him and I heard shout thanks back as I went back to Imogen and saved the work, logging off when the bell went. I walked with Imogen up to Mr Lowsley’s classroom and sat down at the table Dynasty was sat at, Miss Boston eventually walked in and told us to get on since Mr Lowsley had gone to take Kevin to his interview, I wasn’t really listening to what Dynasty and Imogen were saying as I was just doing the work I knew I needed to do. After a few minutes I looked up to see Kevin walk through the doors, I again stopped listening as he started talking and apologising to Dynasty. I carried on doing my work until I heard Dynasty shouting at Kevin and turned around to see that he was having some kind of fit on the desk “Oh my god” I said and jumped up “Someone go and get help!” Dynasty shouted through sobs, I looked at Rhiannon and we ran out of the classroom, down the stairs and to find a teacher. We ran through the assembly hall doors and saw Miss Boston, Mr Reid and Miss Spark stood together “Miss! Miss! Kevin’s collapsed I think he’s having a fit or something!” I shouted to her and she stared at me before her and Mr Reid dropped the boxes and ran behind us back to the classroom. We ran back into the classroom and I went straight over to Dynasty as Miss Boston got everyone out of the way and eventually Mr Lowsley came in as well and got everyone out, leaving me, Imogen and Dynasty as well as Miss Boston to stay with Kevin while Mr Lowsley and Mr Reid went to wait for the paramedics. A few minutes later and the men in green uniforms came in with a stretcher, I stood back with Imogen as we comforted Dynasty and watched as they put Kevin onto the stretcher and walked out with him. Dynasty and Maggie went through the school with the paramedics and me and Imogen followed behind although Dynasty wasn’t allowed to go with him to the hospital and she came back to stand with me and Imogen, again us comforting her. We walked back into the building and sat together on the sofas in the front entrance as everyone was sent back to class “Dyn it wasn’t your fault” I said and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my lap to comfort her as she cried.

Me, Dynasty and Imogen stayed together until the bell went for lunch and we walked into the canteen together and sat together once we’d got our food. I looked up when I heard Shaznay talking to Rhiannon, obviously about Kevin, and smiled a little when Carol had a go at her for it. We’d been sat for another 10 minutes until Carol came out from the kitchens and her and Dynasty walked out to go to the hospital, I finished my dinner but sat waiting for Imogen “Have you talked to H yet today?” She whispered to me and I just shook my head, we sat in silence again until I heard Shaznay talk again “Did you hear? Miss Boston cheated on her girlfriend with Mr Reid” I looked up at Imogen then behind at Shaznay “What?” I shouted to the girl and she turned around, she walked over and sat down beside me “Gabriella saw them come in late together and saw a text that Boston sent to Reid” she said to me, I looked at Shaznay then at Imogen before grabbing my stuff and walking out. It didn’t take me long to find Mr Reid, he was sat in his office and I walked in slamming the door behind me since he had his back to it, I watched him jump and turn around as tears started forming in my eyes, I didn’t love him at all, I had no sort of feelings for him but knowing that he’d cheated on me still hurt like a bitch. “It’s true then” I said and he stood up and came over to me, he tried to take my hand but I pulled it away “Don’t you dare!” I screamed at him and he just stared at me “I’m sorry” was all he could say “Don’t even bother, I meant nothing to you! You were only with me until you could get Miss Boston!” I screamed at him, I brought my hand up and wiped my eyes as I walked the width of the office trying to calm down “It wasn’t like that!” He shouted at me and I turned to him “Then what was it?!” Why were you with me?!” I shouted at him, I watched as he looked out the window in his door and I just laughed “You’re pathetic! This is over, it shouldn’t of fucking happened!” I shouted at him and walked back to the door, he tried to grab my hand but I just pushed him away and walked out, going down the corridor. I saw Imogen coming towards me and I just sort of fell against the wall, sliding down it “Kaitlin!” Imogen shouted and ran over, she knelt in front of me and held me close. I just sort of sat there crying into Imogen’s shoulders as the pain in my arm started to get worse, Imogen pulled back and obviously saw the pain on my face “What’s wrong?” she asked and I pulled up my sleeve, the cuts had re opened and had started bleeding. “Oh, my god Kaitlin” she said and hugged me again, I shouted out in pain and she pulled away apologising. I looked up when I heard footsteps and saw Christine walking towards us “Kaitlin?” she said and ran over, I didn’t have time to cover my arms up so she saw the cuts and pulled me in close and held me as I started to cry again “Imogen can you go to class please I’ll sort Kait out” Christine said and I heard Imogen walk away as Christine pulled me up and took me to the nurses office, the nurse cleaned up my arm and bandaged it up before letting me leave.

Christine let me spend the rest of the afternoon in her office, I’d been given work to do by my teachers and Christine came up and told me that Kevin was awake just after the bell had gone. I stayed in school for about an hour after the bell had gone then went home with Christine, we put on some films and had a take away but about half way through the first film there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it” I said with a mouth full of pizza, I got up from the sofa in my joggy bottoms and tank top and went to the front door. I pulled the door open and smiled when I saw who was there “Kyle!” I exclaimed and practically jumped into his arms.