•26th March•

Today, the 26th March, is Bangladesh Indipendence Day

(natanickii, this is the REAL anthem)

Shout out to Raoooonak, my fellow Bengali.

We are not the best country, We are not perfect

But we are united in a community filled with different diversities and religions.

Background Info

  The Bangladesh Liberation War (মুক্তিযুদ্ধ Muktijuddho), was a revolution and sparked by the Bengali civilians living in East Pakistan. The war began after the launch against the people of East Pakistan on the night of 26 March 1971, that pursued the systematic elimination of nationalist Bengali civilians, students, , religious minorities and armed personnel.

After aproximately 9 months, we WON the war and gained the land we fought for.

Previously, Bengali citizens fought for their language. Being the ONLY country to have done that, we value Language Day a lot.

 Being the ONLY country to have done that, we value Language Day a lot

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tribute

A special mention to all those who suffered during this war, including all the brave men who fought despite the lack of weaponary. A salute to those who died and to those who are still alive to recount this day in 1971.

Tribute to my Nana bhai (maternal grandfather), who fought as well.

War Crimes

In Bangladesh, still today, if any former Pakistani supporters are found within the country, they are given life sentence or the DEATH penalty.

Many see this as a harsh punishment, but I would like to explain why.

  During the 1971 , members supporting the anti-Bangladesh movement, raped between TWO to FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND women. During the war, a fatwa in Pakistan declared that the Bengali 'freedom fighters' were Hindus and that their women could be taken as the 'booty of war'. Religious leaders publicly declared that the Bengali women were 'gonimoter maal' (war booty) and thus they openly supported the rape of Bengali women by the Pakistani Army.