*my sister's keeper*

I finished reading the book 'My sister's keeper', and I had two emotional BREAKDOWNS!
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Nobody can understand the emotional attachment that you develop by watching the movie, because it ends completely differently than the book.

Also, you don't see the perspective of all the characters, so you won't get the motive behind each decision.

I NEVER cry after sad books or movies, not even after Titanic or Me Before You, so this book is a rarity.

The story resolves around 13 yrs old Anna, who has been created as a designer baby to donate to her sister Kate, who has a rare type of leukemia.
In the present time, Kate ends up needing a kidney and Anna is the one meant to be donating, but she decides she doesn't want to.

Anna hires a lawyer, Campbell Alexander, to sew her parents in order to finally make her own decisions regarding her health care.

After a gruelling amount of drama, fights, tears and indecisions, Anna wins the case.
Only to die shortly after in a car accident.😭😭😭😭

I did generally cry, because I supported her decision all the way through.

I was happy she gained her rights after thirteen years of donating without being asked if she wanted to, but my happiness was short lived.

This book may be a work a work of fiction, but it is inspired by many real events occurring in our world.

Such as the ethical and moral side to stem cell research, whether certain medical appliances should be done.

Overall, this is a book worth reading.