Chapter 55: Hope versus Desitiny

-Jade-

The thing about hope, is that we expected what is to come, fully aware that it's bound to happen, sooner or later. But we hope for a different turn out, for the chance that destiny might just be in our favor.

Yet sometimes it simply isn't. Because well, perhaps things were never suppose to even turn out that way. But we hope, even against all the odds, because hope is the last thing we have to hold on to.

The oversized digital clock outside the restaurant, read 6:53 p.m. in big, bold, letters, which deepened Eli's frown.

He sat with his face buried in his hands, guarding himself from the storm he felt approaching, for he knew something had gone wrong. We felt it too, but didn't dare admit it.

"Jade Esquivel?" I turned around to face a petite woman, with her hair brown hair in long fish tail braid, who also wore a navy blue work uniform.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I have a message for you, from Adelina. She says she would've called earlier, but Master Tortellini has taken her phone."

"What happened to her?" Eli immediately jumped up from his seat at the mention of Adelina. "What have they done to her?"

"She's alright, it's just that she's not to come out of her room until you've all left, for America." The lady answered softly, breaking the news to Eli as gently as possible.

"How does he know about us being here?" Eli asked angry.

"He sent someone to follow Adelina after noticing her strange behavior, and your presence was immediately reported to him." The lady explained, a sorry expression clouded her face.

Eli wiped his face, and rolled up his sleeves.

"Whoa, Where are you going little man?" Joel followed after Eli.

"To speak to her father. To plead to him to let me see her, just once more!" His voice broke.

"No young sire, wait." The lady blocked Eli.

"Adelina sent me to tell you all, that, tomorrow morning not a second after seven o'clock, she'll be waiting for you at the cafe where you met. The very first time you met. She'll come to say goodbye." And with that, the lady walked away, just as she had come.

After that, we'd gone to an antique paintings gallery ; something both Eli and Mrs.Agatha seemed to enjoy. To really enjoy, even though Eli still missed Adelina very much. "She would've loved this." He commented, as his eyes landed on a very pretty landscape.

After dinner we went our separe ways, Eli and Mrs.Agatha to sleep, and I figured Joel and I would too, but just before we reached our suite, he grabbed my hand.

"There's something I want to show you." He whispered in the silent hallway, his eyes illuminated by something I couldn't quite describe, except for the fact that it made something like excitement flutter in my stomach.

In the middle of the night, thirty minutes later, we found ourselves walking towards this lovely bridge. A yacht awaited, just on the edge of the lake.

The night was this lovely shade of dark, only a handful of stars brought light to it. But it seemed ever so secluded, that not a single soul was to be seen walking around. Which made it feel like it was just Joel and I.

Bewildered, my eyes flickered back to the yacht, which had tiny lights all over its perimeter. A rose pedal path lead to it.

"Biscocho," Joel whispered, in my ear, as his hands encircled my waist from behind, "Will you go on a paseo with this loco?"

ELLO! Next chapter may or may not, contain *cough* sexual content. So I'm not sure if I should just like, leave it out and just say, "And so the next day Joel was being chased down the alley by Jade's padre with the machete aimed at his tush."

Therefore, I'm letting YOU guys choose either A or B. And I'll write the one with the most comments!
So should I :

A) Stick to the plan and write the scene

B) Skip the smut

C) Write a chapter in the machete's POV

-mistiquecherry🍉