Chapter 33: Rumors and Keys

-Jade-

I don't think neither Joel nor I, had ever paid so many visits to the Childrens' hospital in one week. Though It wasn't a week after surgery that Eli had finally snapped out of coma.

It was on a Saturday evening that his eyes had finally, slowly fluttered open.

Unfortunately, We hadn't been there to witness it ourselves. Mrs.Agatha had called, saying that he was alright but that he wasn't to receive any visits for a while. (Now that he was awake and conscious ) That there were quite a few issues with him, that had developed as a post surgery effect.

That same evening, rumors had been going around town about Joel and that snobby ginger. I'd decided to treat myself to some hypnotic frozen yogurt, to take my mind off things.

When I walked into the frozen yogurt shop, it was fuller than ever, a group of girls about my age sat in the table behind me, as I waited in line. It had only taken one glance to recognize them. They were the same girls from Yoandri's bonfire. Aka Joel's former classmates.

"What happened last night, is more than proof that they are, indeed, getting back together." One of them had said, so loud , I was sure the whole clientele had heard them. But then again, that's probably what they were going for.

"I told you so!" Another one of their group squealed delighted, just as loud.

"It was bound to happen, sooner or later chicas." I recognized Olandra's voice, which happened to be laced with a massive satisfaction.

Maybe they're not even talking about Joel, I thought for a second.

"Chicas remember how right I was, when
I told you Joel Pimentel would come back to me, eventually?" I could hear the smirk in her voice.

"Yeah."

"Well I wasn't wrong. "

The line was moving slower than ever, so I took out my phone to attempt distraction.

By the time I was heading out the door, with Strawberry frozen yogurt in hand, I felt a light tap on my shoulder, I looked above my shoulder, and sure enough, Olandra stood there with the fakest of smiles plastered on her face.

"Well hello there Jade, didn't see you come in."

"So it seems. " I half smiled and rolled my eyes, of course she had. "Well I've got places to be. Adios."

"I'm sorry about Joel sweetheart. But you should've seen it coming." She played with her wavy hair, the nastiest of smirks taunted her lips.

I narrowed my eyes at heart, confused. What had happened last night?

I turned around, heading for the exit, but she grabbed my arm, her nails starting to dig into my skin roughly.

"You're too niña for Joel. He deserves someone more mature." She flipped her hair back, showcasing her cleavage.

"Um okay...but what do your boobies have to do with this? " I grimaced disgusted at her.

She opened her mouth, then closed it again, stared hard at me for a few seconds, then added, " Why don't you ask Joel."