Chapter 23: How do you lose someone that's not even yours?

-Jade-

[Tuesday morning ]

" The number you have reached is temporarily unavailable, please leave a message after the tone :

(Me ) : Hola...Christopher, So this is the fifth time I've called you this morning, I guess your phone fell in the toilet again haha....that or you really don't wanna talk to me....I don't understand why you're acting like this, this isn't you. There's something you're not telling me, but just know that I will find out sooner or later. Please call me back when you can, or I'll hunt you down and super glue your ass down on a chair...anyways, te quiero bestfriend, don't do anything stupid."

I'd completely forgotten how much it sucked walking to school.

The walk from my house, to school would be atrocious . I was already packing two extra water bottles, two BB guns and pepper spray , incase I ran into some disgusting pedophile,( yes people I watch the news and that shit don't lie) preparing myself for the worst.

That's when It occurred to me that I could just swallow my pride and ask Joel for a ride.

I called him as I made my way outside.

He picked up after a few seconds.

"Hey Biscocho, what's up?" He huskily answered.

"Goodmorming...well you see, thing is, I kind of sort of...don't have a ride to school, and I was wondering if maybe-"

"Alright I'll be there in ten minutes." He cut me off.

"Wait, you're not home?"

"Nope, besos bye." He hung up.

I finished gulping down the rest of my chocolate milk, brushed my teeth and then grabbed my backpack and waited for Joel on the front steps of my house.

I stared at the green, nearly frozen grass before me.

Why wasn't Joel at home? He always seemed to leave earlier than me, I realized, but he wasn't always early to school.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw his car pulled up by the curve of the sidewalk.

He gave me a small smile as I stood up and made my way towards his vehicle.

I was already starting to feel nervous and self-conscious as his dark eyes were glued to me the whole entire time.

"Buenos Dias biscocho, I love the way green looks on you, by the way. " he smirks at me right after I close the door.

"thanks chico, I already know I look fabulous in this oversized green hoodie." I chuckle.

"Well I think you'd look even more fabulous in one of my shirts." He responds in an innocent tone.

It makes me blush slightly, but then I remember that he had the guts to ditch me yesterday at school just to get laid.

"Stupido." I mutter under my breath, as I put my seatbelt on.

"What was that biscocho?"

"Just shut and drive." I roll my eyes.

"Alright preciosa, whatever you say."

I take out a book called Forbidden Like Us, in which two fugitives are running away, one from society and the other from the cops.