Chapter 10

Unknown to anypony the world was growing darker by the moment. Elsewhere, a good friend was about to have an unexpected visitor.

In a realm of chaos and disorder, Discord was thinking on his friend Fluttershy.
"Ah I wonder, it has been almost a week since I last payed a visit to Ponyville to see her. She should be back from her travels by now?"
No sooner did he finish his thought, a knock came from his door.
"Now who could that be? Not many ponies can get here?" This was a bit perplexing as he did not get many visitors in his realm. After all, it wasn't the easiest to get to. Discord answered the door, and he was surprised by who was there waiting for him.

"Why Princess Twilight Sparkle, what brings you to my humble abode?" He greeted her.
"Not much. I was trying out a new spell, and thought it would be nice to pay you a visit. We haven't talked in a while." She responded to his inquiry.
It had been some time since the two had a conversation. About twenty moons to be exact. Normally the two would talk about business, as Twilight had a hard time talking to him about much else. The last time they talked though, she was trying to better understand the power behind Chaos Magic. After all he was the master of it.
"I wanted to ask you more about your unique brand of magic if you would not mind." She stated as she entered his home.
"But of course dear Twilight. I have nothing I need hide from you, friend." He said with a smirk.
"Sure you don't?" As she rolled her eyes at his comment.
"Honestly, I was going to come find you anyway. I had something to talk to you about."
"Do you mind if I ask you a few things first? After all I did travel a long way to see you today."
"But of course Princess." He said sarcastically, just like he always did. "Ladies first."
"Why thank you. Always the gentlepony."

Discord prepared some tea for the two with a snap of his talon. The two headed to what could only be called a dining room. But for course, with it being in his home you never could really tell up from down or left from right. The two sat down and Twilight began to ask her questions.
"So Discord, the one thing I never did ask you was, why did you take over Equestria all those many years ago?" It was a question that took Discord by surprise. Enough so that he spat out the tea he was drinking.
"Now why would you want to know that young Twilight?" Not a surprise for him to answer a question with a question.
"Well you see, I was wondering if it would have any connection to why and how you use chaotic magic. So if you would be so kind to indulge me on this question?" She really was interested in how he would answer.
"Well to be honest with you, I don't remember the original reason why I did it all those years ago. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it was not just because I was board of how the world was at that time." This answer left a her with more questions than answers. Before she could request a more in depth explanation, he continued on. "You see, because I am a being with magic that can do just about anything, there are very few things in this world that entertain me. Over time I began to learn more and more about this kind of Magic and decided to try it out to its fullest. Never did I except there to be items like the elements of harmony. True I knew of the tree, but I did not know the elements could be removed and used the way your dear Princess Celestia and Dark Princess Luna did."

When Discord paused to take a sip of tea, Twilight took a moment to redirect him a little. "You said you knew of the tree of Harmony? How did you know if the only Ponies in all of Equestria at that time that knew were Celestia, Luna and Starswirl?"
"Oh Twilight, you think too small. Do you really believe that they were the 'only'
Ponies who knew? Of course there were a few others, and after what I did to your friends and you when we first met, do you think I don't have ways to find out information. After all, Princess Luna's elite guard have their own ways of finding out things too." Twilight knew this as well. There are spells that can do almost anything. Even travel through time. "Any way dear Twilight. That more or less covers why I did it. You know I do so love thinking back on those days. But now that I have friends like you all and many more across Equestria, I wish I had tried to make friends all those years ago." He flicked his wrist and made a tissue to blow his nose. Just as he went to blow, Twilight put up a barrier which was just the right thing to do. Just as he blew it got quiet messy in her direction. "Oh, you have gotten quicker with those spells." Discord let out a little laugh.

The two of them finished their tea and headed for the door as Twilight was done asking her questions. "Oh, one moment?" She stoped as they got just a few feet from the door. "You told me when I got here that you had something to tell me didn't you?"
Discord thought for a moment and remembered, as a light popped up above his head. "Oh that's right! I knew I was forgetting something. So you see, there has been some odd magic disturbance recently. Almost like when Terik was taking magic from Ponies."
"Are you trying to tell me he is back?" Twilight exclaimed.
"No, on the contrary, it is odd as in the Magic I have sensed is dark in nature. He only wanted magic of the pony verity. This is different, I feel chaos, and I'm not the one causing it." He stomped his hoof. "Honestly I thought you were going to accuse me of this when you fd irst got here."
"Oh Discord I know it's not you. You're our friend, and you would never do anything to hurt Fluttershy after all."

"So the question is, who else in all of Equestria could have the knowledge and skill to drain magic?" Discord pondered as he stroked his beard.
Twilight looked back at him with a intrigued look. "I have no clue. After all the idea of draining and absorbing magic from any Pony or creature is such a unique and odd spell."
"Yeah?" This comment did catch him by a little bit of surprise, but than again she was a princess and the element of magic.
"After all if your not carful it could cause damage to the one that had their magic drained."
No sooner did she say this Discord took a step back. "Who are you?"
"Whatever do you mean Discord? I'm your friend Twilight."
"You are, but your not. The Twilight I know, knows vary little when it comes to this kind of magic. So I will ask you once more." He readied to snap his claw. "Who are YOU?"
Just as he said this an evil laugh came from her. "Well I guess I have been found out."
"So are you going to tell me who you are?" Discord was ready for a fight.
"Well that is an interesting question to ask of me." The look as she was looking at him. "For you see I am Twilight Sparkle and so much more." The look in her eyes even sent a chill down Discords back.
"You are not Twilight Sparkle. The Twilight I know would never do what you have."
"And whatever do you mean by that?" Discord saw the look in her eyes change some.

"I'm not sure but I will not let you harm anypony else." Discord snapped his talon and Twilight was in a solid crystal frozen in place. "There; that should hold you till I can get you to Princess Celestia."
Just as he finished his statement, the crystal began to shake. "What the......." before he had a chance to finish his statement, the crystal shattered into pieces, leaving her standing there like nothing had happened. The shock from the explosion of crystal sent Discord into the wall.
"Oh. Did that hurt?" She asked as she walked up to him on the ground from the shock. "Now I wonder, what does your magic taste like?"
The look on her face was that of Somepony who was ready to feed. This even freaked out Discord. "Well like I would let that happen again?" He reached over and must as he was about to swipe his claw Twilight teleported right in front of him, and began to drain his magic, using the same technique the Terik once did.
"No!" Before she had a chance to take too much, he snapped his claw to teleport outside. Twilight was shocked for a moment that he got away. As she rushed for the door she pushed it open in time to see a small rift and Discord jumping into it.
"You think you will get away that easy? Don't think this is the last you have seen of me." The evil glare in her eyes was enough to scare even the bravest of ponies. What could she be planing next?