Chapter 9

As the four friends return to Ponyville, they send Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle on their way. They head to the castle to meet up with Applejack and Starlight. All a little shocked the map sent them to such far away places and nothing was really wrong.
They arrived at the castle, met by Spike at the door.
"Hurry! We need to go to the map room!" He said in a frightened tone.
"What's wrong darling?" Rarity asked worried that something had happened.
"Oh dear?" The look of concern shown through on Fluttershy's face.

Before anypony else could say anything, Spike rushed out and pushed them into the castle.
"Applejack and Starlight are waiting for you all in the Cutie Map room." Spike said as he started to run down the hall to the room.
The others followed closely behind. All afraid to ask any more questions till they got to the room. Little did they know. A dark cloud was beginning to form overhead of the castle, whatever could this mean?
The four of them arrived at the door to the room just moments behind Spike who was there holding the door open for them to enter.

As they entered, they could see that something was wrong just by looking at Starlight and Applejack.
"Oh great, what now?" Rainbow Dash said while rolling her eyes.
"This can't be good news." Fluttershy held herself back waiting to see what would be said.
"Maybe they are just building up anticipation. Maybe that's why they look like that and than out of no where......." Pinkie couldn't help but try and cheer up the group.
"Pinkie! Stop darling. I think we would know if it was good news." Rarity could not hide her concerns as she was able to read the feelings in the room.
"Your right Sugar Cube." Applejack responded to Rarity. "I will let Starlight explain what she has first. Than I will add in what happened while I was in the Everfree forest. Go ahead Sugar Cube." She waved her hoof to Starlight.

Starlight took in a breath, as to try and recompose her self and collect her thoughts before telling them what has been happening.
"Ok, first let's start with the Cutie Map. Ever since you all left, your Marks have shown up in several different locations. The oddest part being they have all been places you have been before."
"That makes no sense. We just came back from four different locations and nothing?" Rainbow jumped in confused.
"Yes. That is also part of what is confusing. In the many locations you did go to already, nothing, nada, zip. This is odd as in that in all these years that has never happened." Starlight stopped momentarily to catch her breath.
"But, wouldn't that be a good thing?" Pinkie was so confused. "I'm confused?" (I just said that Pinkie) "Oh, sorry. Hehe." Pinkie giggled as her friends looked at her.
"Don't worry about it. Pinkie is just being Pinkie." Spike said. "Please continue Starlight?"

Before she was even able to continue, a loud knock came from the castle door.
"Now who could that be?" Applejack inquired.
"I'll go see." Spike left to go answer the door. The ponies waited for him to return as they felt he may need to know this as well.
Spike returned rather quickly. "You will never guess who it is." Spike showed a little shock in his voice. "Come in come in." He motioned to the pony waiting to come in.
"Hello again Guardians of Harmony." Flurry Heart entered the room and showed her respect.
"Now Flurry, Darling, we have told you before. Not only are you a Princess so you do not need to address us as such, but you are family." Rarity reinforced the thought.
"Yay Flurry is here!" Pinkie started bouncing up and down to see the young Alicorn.
"What brings you here Flurry?" Fluttershy asked her.
"Well my mom and dad wanted to come, but Sunburst suggested that they stay in the Crystal Kingdom as to not worry the ponies that are there." She responded.
"Good old Sunburst. Just like him to think clearly no matter what." Starlight was happy to hear her friend is still doing well. "Any way, since you are here you may want to hear this as well." Starlight got ready to explain what she knew about Twilight.

"So you see, the fact is, I am still not sure where Twilight is." Starlight began.
"What!?" Rainbow Dash in shock. "Than why did you call us back? We should be out there looking for her."
Before Rainbow could Dash out of the room, Applejack grabbed her by her tail.
"Now calm down Darling. I am sure there is more to what she has to say." Rarity told her as AJ pulled RD down.
"Yes. Let's finish hearing her out Rainbow." Fluttershy spoke up as well.
Flurry was a little surprised, but happy to see that they are still the ponies she has known for so long. These are the ponies that have not just protected Equestria many times, but the ponies that were always there for anypony who may need help.
"Well back to what I was saying." Starlight continued her explanation. "The odd thing is that when I cast the locating spell, she seems to be popping in and out."
The remaining ponies sat there a bit confused at the comment.
"Allow me to explain. Every so often she appears on the map, but than disappears. First was right outside of the Equestrian boarder. Now the most resent one was just north of the Crystal Kingdom."

No sooner did she say this did Flurry gasp.
"What is wrong Darling?" Rarity was concerned.
"Are you sure it was in that area?" Flurry asked with fear in her voice.
"Yes, I am positive. Why?" Starlight could see the fear in her eyes.
"Just before I left the Crystal Empire, there was a pillar of magic, Dark in color that shot up into the sky in that direction." She answered trying not to think the worst.
"What could this be Sugar Cube?" AJ inquired of Starlight.
"I'm not sure. I don't want to think the worst." She replied. "After all, if that had happened, I'm sure we would have heard or seen something to that fact."
Spike at this point was in total shock. "What?  Is there anything we can do to know for sure?"
"Unfortunately not Spike. Not many ponies have magic that can reach that level. Not even me." Starlight said trying to console the dragon.
"Well, what about an Alicorn like Aunt Luna or Celestia?" Flurry asked the group.
"OF COURSE. WE NEED MAGIC LET'S GET IT FROM THE SOURCE!" Pinkie said excited.
"Calm down Pinkie." AJ jumped in. "Ok Spike, can you write a letter to the palace and see if one of the Princesses can come here as soon as they can?"
"On it!" Spike headed to the library where he kept his quill, Ink and paper to begin writing.
"Meanwhile, all we can do is wait for them to respond." Starlight told the group.

"Do you all mind if I stay here in Ponyville till we find out more information? I would like to help in any way I can." Flurry asked the group.
"But of course Darling. In fact I am sure that Starlight and Spike would love to let you stay here while Twilight is away." Rarity spoke up for the group.
"That is a wonderful idea. Thank you for your offer Flurry." Starlight reciprocated the feelings.
"Slumber party at the castle!" Pinkie could contain herself from the excitement.
"Pinkie this is no time for a party." Rainbow said with a scowl on her.
"Aw. There's always time for a party." Pinkie said a little upset.
"Pinkie just cause we can't have a party now, how about you plan one for when Auntie Twilight gets home?" Flurry told the energetic pink pony.
"Okie Dokie Lokie!" This brought her energy back.
"You have grown to be quiet the problem solver haven't you Flurry?" AJ said to her solution to the problem.
"Well I...." she stammered off a little embarrassed at the praise. "Anyway. Now is the waiting game."

(Author Note) I am sorry this chapter took longer than I had planed. Real Life got in the way. I will be attempting to get back to being able to post once a week. Again sorry for the delay.