Chapter 12

Summer POV

"Summer."

I mentally cursed. Must Kylo get me up so early every day? I feel as if I haven't slept at all.

My name was called again and I sat forward, rubbing my eyes and head to wake myself up faster. I yawned and opened my eyes, glancing around the room for Kylo.  Where was he?

A faint snore to my right caught my attention. There, asleep in his sleeping bag as I was moments before, was Kylo Ren. I furrowed my brows in confusion. If he didn't call for me...then who did?

Maybe he talked in his sleep. I might have heard him speaking unconsciously from a dream he was having. So then he was dreaming about me. Cute!

I laid back down in my own sleeping bag, attempting to get comfortable again. If he wasn't awake, then I surely am going to take the advantage of sleeping longer.

"Summer."

I craned my head back towards him, sighing. As adorable as it was, his chatter will keep me awake.

"Summer."

I swallowed hard as I watched his body not stir the slightest. That didn't come from Kylo. I climbed out of my sleeping bag and walked over to the doorway, peering down the dark corridors to make sure we were alone. The only light was from cracks or holes of the Temple that splices of the moon's rays could slip through.

I was but relieved to be assured we were indeed alone, yet the voice disturbed me. This better not be another vision. I do not want to witness another haunting memory of this place...

"Summer...come to me."

My head snapped towards the direction of the sound. It seemed to be coming from outside, as if someone was standing right on the other side of the wall.

I hesitated. What if this was a trap? I don't know what relationship Devaron has with the First Order. Maybe they know the commander in chief is hiding out here and want to collect a bounty on him, dead or alive.

My name was called again. It did have the familiar echo, such as when I was in the interrogation chamber on the Finalizer. Was another ghost of the Force trying to reach out to me again? Why do I have to go outside to see him appear?

Obviously it's what he wants, I thought as my name rung through the dim corridors. The voice wasn't shouting, in fact it sounded as if he was whispering. Yet the sound was carried melodically, as if in song. Kylo remained alseep, as if nothing was happening. Perhaps only I can hear it.

I pondered if I should leave or stay. I glanced back at Kylo. If he wakes up and comes after me, the ghost won't appear to me. After a few moments of debate, I left the room. I followed the corridor until I came across the large missing wall then stepped out into the courtyard.

I then paused, scanning the area. Everything looked like one big, lumpy shadow in every direction.

I stood there for a few minutes, waiting for another sign from the Force Ghost or whoever was contacting me. The longer I remained outside the protection of the Temple and Kylo's presence, the more I regretted ever leaving the room. I'm just a target out in the open.

I didn't just want to call out into the darkness because, well, I'm not entirely sure who was calling me. And if the person or thing wasn't a Force ghost, I didn't want a reply...

I was about to turn back when a blue light suddenly appeared before me. Finally. I covered my eyes, the brightness blinding in the darkness.

The light took shape into a human, then dimmed so I could rest my eyes onto him.