Chapter 6

Summer POV

I didn't sleep very much last night, if I even slept at all. I was freaked out about Kylo Ren returning in the middle of the night, hacking me to bits when I let my guard down. What a way to live.

I had no idea to tell what time it was, or even guess the point of day. My cell had no windows, and only one dim light in the ceiling, illuminating the room just enough so I could see.

I jumped to my feet when I heard the door unlock, getting ready to defend my life as necessary. After using the Force yesterday, I see my potential, and Kylo has met his match yet again.

The door suddenly opened and the Dark Knight came inside, carrying a tray of food and water. He pulled back the hood that covered his scarred face, his brown eyes meeting mine. Though not one word was said as he set the tray down onto the "bed".

I could see something was bothering him. Maybe it's because I reversed his Force yesterday, or maybe he's just not feeling well today. Everyone gets sick at some point. No one is able to resist all germs.

Kylo POV

I don't think I can do this. I thought I could, but I feel so weak again.

After I informed Snoke about Summer's reverse of the Force on me, he was outraged and ordered me to kill her before she discovers any more of her power. He didn't want another "Rey" incident to happen to us again. Because of this, he saw her as too big of a risk to be trained and didn't see I had the ability to do it. I agreed, for I couldn't be around the girl without falling head over heels for her.

I looked over at Summer, trying to not stare in awe at her gorgeous features. Her eyes were like a crystal clear lake on Naboo, and her golden hair was the sand along the beautiful beach. Her lips looked as soft as a passing cloud, and I wished I could have kissed her when I had the chance.

Ultimately she just overwhelms my emotions, and I can't help but soften in her presence.

My grandfather is probably so ashamed of me for acting like this.

Summer POV

"There is something I have been told to do," Kylo finally said, breaking the awkward silence that hung in the air since he entered. His voice sounded reluctant and nervous, which worried me. "But it can be avoided if you pledge yourself to the Dark Side and accept my apprenticeship offer. Will you join me?"

"What will you do?" I asked, wanting to know both end results before I reply.

Kylo bit his lip and looked away, not answering. It must be something really terrible if he can't even say.

"Summer...don't deny my request, please." His face showed worry and concern. "I-I can't do this."

I took a step back, fearing that my death may be near. But with what level of feelings I saw he had for me yesterday, could he really take my life? "Kylo...will you actually kill me?"

His eyes were watery as he removed the lightsaber from his belt, holding it off to the side as it extended. "I will carry out my orders unless you join me. Answer quickly or I will decide for you."

He didn't want to do this. I saw it. I felt it. But he's so brainwashed by Snoke, that he will do whatever the guy says if it meant he's one step closer to becoming Darth Vader.

Kylo came towards me and I backed up, matching every step he made until I was cornered. Stupid small cell.

"I know you don't want to do this" I said, realizing I better change his mind fast or I'm a goner. "You have feelings for me; you don't want to hurt me."