18. Love

Gerard smiled when he saw Frank walking towards him with roses. Gerard blushed and looked down at his dress. He was standing outside a fancy restaurant. That Frank had made a reservation to last month. It was their fifth year anniversary. Gerard's friends had told him that Frank was most likely going to propose and if he didn't he'd be an idiot. Gerard didn't believe that. He loved Frank a lot, he didn't need a ring to know that Frank loved him too. Of course a proposal would be lovely, but he knew that Frank loved him and they were in no rush.

Frank finally reached him and they hugged and kissed. Then Frank handed the roses for Gerard and smiled.

"Shall we go inside, princess?" Frank asked, smiling. He looked so handsome in the tux, his usual punk rock style hidden. He looked so hot, few of his tattoos could be seen on his neck and hands, his nose and lip piercings were still there and his mohawk was combed back and he looked like a handsome little punk. Gerard looked beautiful too, he was wearing a black dress that was skin tight from his shoulders to his waist and the skirt part was tulle styled. It had a little red ribbon in the middle on his waist.

They sat at the table and the waiter came over, giving them their menus and asking what they wanted to drink. Frank ordered a bottle of very expensive champagne. It was a special occasion after all. Gerard couldn't stop smiling, neither could Frank and they couldn't get their eyes off of each other. They chatted away, remembering their other anniversaries and how awkward they were at the beginning and how some dates had failed and they laughed at that. It was a perfect night.

When the waiter came to ask if they wanted dessert, Frank just told him that they wanted some chocolate cake. Gerard just giggled and sipped his champagne.

"Baby, I'm not gonna fit this dress by the time we get out of here." Gerard giggled, he was getting a bit tipsy.

"Nonsense, darling. You look stunning, no matter what."

They were all giggly and happy at the table, meanwhile in the kitchen.

"That's the couple? And they ordered the chocolate cake? Seriously though, where did that guy get his imagination from? Chick flicks?" The chef was silently speaking with the guy who was making the dishes.

"I don't know. What I don't know either is how he thinks this will be a surprise when the other piece of cake is a lot bigger than the other."

"Well maybe he didn't want his boyfriend to choke on the ring like in that movie." One waitress told them.

"The fuck is wrong with chick flicks?!" The chef asked, walking away to check on the steaks someone was cooking.

When the pieces of cake were done, the waiter took them to their table. Gerard's eyes widened when his piece of cake was bigger than Frank's.

"What? Why's my cake bigger?" Gerard looked at the waiter who just glanced at Frank and left. Frank blushed and looked at Gerard awkwardly.

"Just eat it, baby, or at least eat what you can." Frank said, laughing awkwardly.

"You ordered me a bigger cake? You seriously want me to be fat and miserable?"

"One piece of cake won't make you fat, please honey, it's not what you think, just have one spoonful." Frank begged. Gerard looked at him even more weirded out expression on his face, but he did take a spoonful regardless. Frank smiled and waited till Gerard had eaten a couple spoonfuls and realized that there was something inside the cake. Frank smirked to himself when Gerard asked:

"What the heck, there's something in here." He started digging it out and he realized it's a small box. He held it out and looked at it curiously, until he noticed that Frank had gotten up and gone down on one knee next to him. Gerard gasped and started almost immediately crying from happiness.