Fiore's Demise

Clink! The sword bounced off the Dragon's jewel hard scales, not making a dent at all. The beast lowered its massive head to look down at its chest and back at Fiore. A deep rumbling sound grumbled from the Dragon's throat and it opened its jaws to let out an earth rattling roar. The force and power of the Dragon's anger blew Fiore a few feet away from the Dragon. He rammed into the wall, hitting his head hard on the hard stone, his vision blurred and became spotty. Shaking his head he staggered to his feet and moved slowly back to the piles of gold. No... I must... must.. have.. it..He thought, reaching out his hand to pick up a single gold coin. The Dragon's head swiveled to look at him and its pupils narrowed to slits as it opened its jaws, and shot a jet of red hot flame on Fiore.
         Aria watched coldly, realizing that she had been fooled by Fiore. She had thought that he wanted to slay the Dragon to save the people, but all he wanted was the gold. She had done nothing to help Fiore before and she would do nothing to help him now as he met his demise. Though Fiore had been punished for his greed, she had thought up a question about the Dragon itself. Is the Dragon really killing these men to protect it's home, or to protect it's gold...? She had thought as she watched from above. She formed a plan as the Dragon stomped away from the ashes that were once a great warrior.