The Mountain

But little did Fiore know, he was being followed by a great goddess. Aria, the goddess of Fairness and Honesty, watched over him to see why he wanted to slay the mighty beast. Fiore was strong and very brave, but his intelligence was not very high. So even when the goddess sent ways for him to know she was there, he could not tell. He was oblivious to the signs of Aria.
Up the rocky paths he went, growing more and more tired as he tried to walk confidently to the Dragon's lair. Exhausted, he trudged up the mountain once he was out of view from the village. The rock spires were huge and loomed dangerously above Fiore's head. A large cave could be seen resting in the wispy clouds. Almost there, he thought as he was just above the cloud line, now walking through snow and bitter winds. I hope I get to the Dragon before I freeze to death... I would do anything for some warmth...
He shook his head, scattering snowflakes onto the frozen ground. Suddenly the giant cave was in front of him, darkness settling in the stone walls. Shink!  Fiore slid out his sword, the sharp sound of the metal blade rubbing against the leather sheath rang through the silent mountain side and echoing off the land forms. The only light he had as he entered the pitch black cave was from the outside world, reflecting off the polished steel. He gripped the broadsword by the fancy and intricate patterned hilt and raised it threateningly into the air.