Chapter 16

Kylie's POV:

Holding my breath, I slowly opened my eyes to hundreds of eyes staring at me in awe, fascination and shock. Everything was silent for a few minutes while everyone stared except Felix and Demetri who were watching the audience with amused, knowing expressions. I felt really awkward. Did I have something on my face? Or in my teeth? Oh how embarrassing! Or maybe they thought I was terrible! Oh no! First day in a new town and I'd already screwed up! Now I'll be the laughing stock of the school! Whenever it starts, that is....

I'd been so lost in my thoughts that it scared the living day lights out of me when a ear splitting round of applause hit me at full force. It was so loud that I was pretty sure I'd loose my hearing for good I it was any later. I noticed that Dave had started walking over to me from on the side of the stage looking awed and quite impressed.

"Wow is all I can say right now! Ladies and gents, I'd say this is about the first time in the past twelve years I've worked here that I've been rendered speechless from a performers voice, but that, was truly incredible, don't you think?" He said once he reached me and put an arm around my shoulders in a friendly manner. The applause, if possible, got even LOUDER once he finishes talking.

Looking around sheepishly, a wave of relief washed through me as I realized they liked it and I bet I was blushing as red as a tomato. I quickly made my way of the stage to where Felicity and Demeter stood clapping like everyone else.

"That wasn't SO bad, was it?" Asked Felicity in a teasing matter. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked right by. I spotted Jane and Alec and started toward them. When I reached there, they started congradulating me, yet the entire time I noticed that Alec couldn't his eyes off me. I felt a little flutter in my stomached when I thought of this. I locked up, our eyes locked, and for a minute the world stopped and it was as if it was just him and me. I could get lost in those eyes forever. His colbat blues filled with love and adoration. For me. His cousin. Ugh. I have GOT to stop thinking like this! It's not like he's my other half. It'a not like he could ever be my knight in shining armor. He was my COUSIN. Not my lover. I quickly looked away just in time to see an older guy of about 35 come our way. And let me tell you. If I was much olde-.............much MUCH older, he would be quite attractive.

"Hey, I'm Jason. I work for Hollywood's Star Record's Productions. Listen, we've been looking for fresh young talented artists like yourself, and with our help, I truly believe you could be the next Lady Gaga! As far as I'm concerned, you're a triple threat. You're young, you have an amazing voice and I'm sure you have teen boys falling to there knees for you everywhere you go. You're about as good as they get and if, according to my boss, you're not the super star material we've been searching for desperately, I should probably quit my job since I don't know what is! You could really go far and I'm sure our company would love to help you start your career by advertising and getting your first album out, if your ready for it! We have song writers on standby if you need them, all you need to do is sing the songs. If you want to, that is. We'd really like for you to join us. I'm sorry I'm kind of throwing everything on you pretty fast. I wish I could stay and talk but I have somewhere to be, so here's my card. Think about it and call me back?" He said so quickly and excitedly I could barely understand what he said. All I knew was that he looked like he was in a rush so I knew I had to act quickly.

"Yeah...uhh.....sure!" I said without fully processing what was going on. He smiled at me, gave me his card, and was gone in a flash. I turned back to my cousins.

"What. Just. Happened???????" I said.

"You just got an amazing once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you'd be incredibly stupid to decline is what just freaking happened!" Said Jane, looking quite excited for me.