Chapter 5

Kylie's POV:

  We turned the corner to find ourselves in the lobby. There, in the corner, stood a well dressed man. He was wearing a suit. He had shoulder length straight blackish brown hair. His skin was VERY pail. Like white skin. He had the same sea blue eyes as me, and his lips were full, and a bit on the red side if you asked me. I was going to guess he was my father, because we did look quite alike. He just stood there staring at me in wonderment. He walked over to where we stood and turned to Lisa.

"It's nice to see you again, Lisa." he said before taking her hand and kissing the top of it. Lisa quickly pulled away blushing as I heard her heart rate pick up with my super senses. Great! I thought. My father's a flirty suck up! He then turned toward me.

"And you must be Kylie. It's so nice to finally meet you! My name is Aro, and I'm your father." He said while shaking hands. I pulled back quickly, realizing that his hands were freezing, and smirked in sarcasm at that last comment. He may be my biological father, but he's no where near what a father is. A father is someone that's always there for you, and never let's you down. It's someone that always supports you, your decisions, and your ideas, and watches over you as you grow up, someone who has, and always will love you no matter what.

"I understand that you probably want nothing to do with me. And I must say that I'm terribly sorry about what happened. However, I have a reason for what I did, and I want you to know that I did what I did to protect you. And I hope in time you will understand my actions." he said.

"Protect me? Protect me from what?" I asked a bit angry with him. But he didn't answer assuring me that he wasn't protecting me from anything. He was just lying because he wanted me to forgive him. Well he'd better wake up soon because I don't forgive people that easily! I was beginning to get infuriated.

"That's what I thought." I said after a few moments of awkward silence. I turned around and stormed through the door, running back up to my room. I quickly ran in, and slammed the door shut. I then turned around to face my room, only to find Katie and Tyler sitting on my bed waiting for me to return, so they could hear all about what happened. They looked at me in astonishment. They'd never seen my angry side before. And trust me when I say no one ever wanted to see me angry.

"What are you to doing here?" I snapped, but it came out a little bit ruder then I'd expected it to come out.

"Whoa! Calm down! We just wanted to hear how it went!" aid Katie.

"I'm sorry! I guess I'm just a little bit on edge." I said truthfully.

"What happened? Are you ok?" asked Tyler, looking conserned.

"No! I'm not! My father's a lying flirty suck up! He expects me to forgive him, but he doesn't even have a reason for leaving me! And who's to say that he won't just leave me again!" I yelled. I then told them everything that had happened.

"Maybe he was telling you the truth, but couldn't tell you what he was protecting you from?" suggested Katie. She's always trying to see the good in people's actions.

"I doubt it. But I do feel kinda bad for storming out on him. Even though he lied to me, it feels like he did it for a good reason. He seemed very sincere when he said he felt bad about what he did. I think I'm going to go apologize." I said.

"Can we come? We'd like to meet your father if it's ok with you." asked Katie.

"Sure, if you want to." I replied, unsure why they'd want to come and meet him. We headed out the door and went downstairs. Once we got to the lobby, we found my father and Lisa talking about something. They still hadn't noticed we were there. Suddenly, I felt someone grip my hand and yank me out the lobby door with one hand, and used their other hand to block my screams. I relaxed when I saw it was just Tyler.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"We're going to eavesdrop, and we don't want to be seen or heard." said Tyler.

"Why are we eavesdropping?" I asked.

"Because. You said your dad was flirting with our mom right?" he asked.

"Yeah, so?" I replied.

"They might be flirting with each other again, and who doesn't want to watch there parents flirting with each other?" said Katie.

"Me!" I replied while turning to Katie.

"Oh, c'mon! It's hilarious!" said Tyler.

"It's romantic!" said Katie.

"It's invading other people's personal privacy! And I'm not doing it!" I replied. Katie sighed.

"Fine, I guess you're right." she replied.

"Ok, I'm going to go apologize. Are you coming or not?" I asked a bit annoyed with the two of them. They looked at each other for a while before nodding together, and we all walked back to the lobby. We found them sitting down in the same spots they were in before. But this time when we entered, they noticed, and my father stood up and turned toward us.

"Kylie, I'd like to apologize for before. I wasn't lying when I said I was protecting you from something though. However, it's not my place to tell you what I was protecting you from. I require permission from every member of the family if I was to tell you that information." He said. I looked at Katie in surprise. She was right!

"It's fine Aro. I figured you had a reason for why you did what you did. I should be the one saying sorry. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I was just a bit nervous meeting you for the first time." I said.

"You shouldn't be the one apologizing, dear. However, consider your apology excepted." he said. After that, I introduced him to Tyler and Katie, and talked for a while. He talked about our lives, and what we like to do. Turns out, we were a lot alike. He also told me all about our family, and how they all lived with us. He told me about my uncles, who lived with us as well. One was named Marcus, who didn't normally show much emotion and always looked bored, and one was named Caius, and he was the more serious one, at least that's what Aro had said. He told me about all my cousins. I had 4 first cousins that Aro said I would probably end up hanging out with more then any one else. One was named Felix. One was named Demetri. And apparently, they were best friends, and were the more annoying ones who'd probably consider me as a little sister. And then there was the twins, Jane, and Alec. Aro said these two were more quite and serious. He also said that they hung out with each other more then any one else in the family, and advised me not to get on their bad side. Then he told me all about the rest of the family, which if you ask me, is quite large. After a while, he had to leave. When he was about to walk through the door, he turned back to face me, looking like he had just remembered something. It was then that I noticed his eyes weren't blue anymore. They were purple! Weird. I decided to ignore it. After all, It was probably just the lighting or my imagination!

"Oh, and Kylie, I won't be able to pick you up tomorrow, so I'll be sending someone else to bring you back. I should be back by the time you get there." he said.

"Ok. Sounds good." I said back with a slight smile. I think I might end up liking him after all! He nods and leaves. Later that night, Katie and I talked forever! She insisted that we exchanged phone numbers, so that we could text each other. I'm going to miss her a lot! Even though we haven't known each other for very long, in the time that we have known each other, she's been a great friend. It seems as though she's the only person left on earth that I can count on, and trust. She's helped me through the hardest time of my life. She's dealt with my short tempered, and devastated self to try to comfort me, when no one else would. She reminds me so much of Taylor! She's the only friend I have left, and I'm leaving her! I'll miss her SO much! 

................................................................................................................................

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in sssooo long! I've been really busy lately. Here's chapter 5! Thank you so much for all the great comments! They just make my day! Comments are always welcome! So comment, vote, and all that fun stuff! Until the next chapter!