The Truth About Purgatory.

Start from the beginning

"Alright, whoever this is...game's over," I said.

"I'd say, it's just getting started," Crowley said.

"Crowley?" I asked lowering my weapon, "Man, haven't seen you since, well, since you sent me back to Purgatory.  Where's Rhett? I'd love to see him again."

"We have quite a bit to speak about, ____," he said in Rhett's voice. Had I not seen him do it I wouldn't believed it was him otherwise, "demons have quite a few tricks up our sleeves."

"You know, I think I'm going to head back."

He gave a wave of his finger as the bag of ingredients, that was my way back, tore from my grasp and into his. He strolled around as my hand gripped the gun tighter.  Another presence made itself known. I looked to see a woman walking toward me. Though young, the body looked like it was burning up from the inside. My eyes narrowed before I let out a loud laugh.

"You look like shit," I said, "I hope you didn't bring me back here to be a meat suit for her. I did my time and I kinda did say I'd kill her the next time I saw her."

"Well, there is a reason for what she did," Crowley said.

"Oh?  Bet it was good," I paused, "and I bet that even though I don't care, you'll still tell me."

"You were always smart.  I didn't send you back to Purgatory this last time.  I was working on your memories.  See we tried so many other hosts and no one did quite the job you did. But before we could finish Castiel swooped in and got you out of here. Even though we planned to work together.  See if you were really in Purgatory, you would have been sucked out of  that place when all the souls were absorbed.  Bet you didn't even think about that."

"This is absurd. You don't have to make all this up because my answer will still be no."

"I actually did have collateral, but I doubt you will even care about him."

He snapped his fingers as Castiel appeared at his side.  His hands and legs chained up like some sort of criminal. Bruises and cuts decorated his face.  He looked away from me.

"How did you make it even look like I was killed to Sam and Dean?" my curiosity now peaked.

"A touch of magic," Crowley smirked.

"But I have been back for a fairly long amount of time now.  Why now?"

"There was a truth in what your father said.  I may have over embellished the romance part of it."

"How do you know him?"

"Well, because I am him,"  Crowley said flatly.

"Oh, good angle, Crowley," I laughed.

"He's telling the truth," Cas said, "I know I haven't warranted any reason for you to trust me, but it is."

My smile faded.  I usually was a good judge of character. And even though Cas tended to have a very monotone delivery in his words, I sensed no lies.  I looked over at the meat suit that housed my demon half. She shrugged as if she had already accepted the fact.  Even Crowley wore a different expression than normal.  I raised the gun to Crowley aiming right for his head.

"You fucked with my head?  You made me believe everything I wanted to believe! I'm still just a monster in the end. Why even give me that sliver of hope?"  I demanded.

"I thought you two could live separate lives. But when that wasn't plausible, well, I have to help my favorite," he responded, "why do you think Dean never found you when he was there?"

"Because I wasn't there," it started to fall into place.

"There you go.  Now we're going to have to get you two back together, permanently."

"If you even succeed slightly. You better understand I will fight with everything I have."

"I expect no less from you."

"And there is a way to cure demons" my eyes shifted between the three of them, "I'll get myself to Dean. And I will kill you," I pointed at the decrepit meat suit before turning my gaze to Crowley, "and then I am coming for you."

"I did always love that fire that you had.  Really gave the two of you something else.  Now Cas, do you mind taking her to the place we spoke about?"

Castiel looked away from me. He almost regretted following Crowley's request.  He politely requested I leave my weapons here.  I not so politely told him to bite me.  His face leaned closer to me.

"I'm trying to help you, ____.  I got you back to Dean before.  Please trust me," his voice spoke just loud enough so I could hear.

I took off my bags and tossed them on the ground. My eyes returned to Castiel's. His expression softened as he thanked me before apologizing for taking part in this. We arrived in a place I had never been before.  He looked around noticing it was just us.

"We have little time.  You still have that knife on you?" he asked.

"When do I ever not have a knife on me?" I laughed.

"Break the seals on these, please."

I noticed Enochian symbols carved into the locks of the shackles on him. My eyes rolled.  Of course of all people Crowley found a way to bind an angel to his will.  I drew my knife and carved into the symbols breaking the seals.  My hand cut into my palm quickly.  I drew an angel banishing sigil at his side just as I finished I noticed the sudden tension in his body.  My forearm slammed against his neck. He looked down at me confused.

"Just give me a few moments to share my thoughts with this pathetic excuse of an angel of the Lord," I barked as my head turned slightly to Crowley.

"This should be good," Crowley gave a slight laugh.

"You've done a lot of stupid shit, Cas," I paused giving him a quick grin, "time to start making up for it, okay?  And sorry about this."

My hand slammed against the sigil as a light glowed sending him far away from that place.  Crowley's face twisted into a furious glare. I merely smiled at him.

"I told you. I'm not going to stop fighting this until both of you are dead."

Footsteps crept behind me as my other half sighed, "that was really stupid."

Before I could respond she sent a fist into the back of my head.  I didn't realize how hard she could hit.  My vision went hazy as she held me from falling over.

"Even if you saved the angel, it's really too late for you," Crowley said before my mind slipped into nothingness.

Sorry. I have no heart as a writer and, apparently, I enjoy having my characters suffer. But we're approaching the end of this story in a few chapters. 😅