The Truth About Purgatory.

Start from the beginning

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oh, ____, long time," Rhett's voice replied.

"How are you-?"

"You didn't think you actually killed me did you?  That stupid heart of yours didn't want to believe the truth in my words. You just exorcised me with a snap of your fingers.  I am impressed at how you pulled that off."

"Why are you calling now?"

"Right, always straight to business. I did like that about you.  I have work for you."

"And why would I take a job for you?"

"Oh, because I have collateral. You will do this job."

"What is that?"

"____," Sam's voice called through the phone, "don't bother it's a trap."

"Well, now you know what we have.  You know the drill, I'll send you information.  Leave the boyfriend behind.  Or is your engagement official?"

"How do you even know that?" I hissed.

"We have always had a good source of intel on you. So you taking the job, or what?"

"I can't just teleport around like I used to."

"You never really liked using your abilities anyway. We have faith in you."

"You son of a-" I started as the line disconnected.

I grabbed a backpack with clothes in it. My closet opened revealing a smaller, black bag I hadn't used in ages.  I hoisted it over my shoulder before closing the door to my room.  The address wasn't more than an hour away from here. My head peeked into Dean's room, he wasn't there.  I headed into the basement where some old supplies from the men of letters had been kept. I gathered some of the items together. Luckily I had been reading up on some of the spells they had used. And there as one that could take me to my destination and return me to my original location.  I had never tried it, but it was just a matter of following directions.  Dean had walked up to the library to refill his drink. Sam ran by chasing the dog.

"What's he got now?" Dean asked taking a sip.

"Nothing," Sam said running past him again, "he just won't stop running he thinks it's a game."

" And you always wanted a dog."

"But look how cute he is," Sam said finally catching the puppy.

"You're just as bad as ____," Dean said with a roll of his eyes, "speaking of, where is she?"

"I thought she was with you."

"Her phone started ringing. Maybe it was an important call."

"Dean, no one has called her since that friend of hers on that phone.  The one she killed at Bobby's."

They both turned as Sam sat the puppy down.  Who followed them playfully.  Dean burst into my room. Sam continued past him.  Meanwhile I had finished preparing the ingredients.  I read over the spell and started to speak it carefully.  The last two words rolling off my tongue.  A light shone around me.  I would be back before they even noticed I was gone.  Footsteps hurried down the hall.  I looked up seeing Sam's figure in the hallway.

"Sam?!" my voice exclaimed.

I didn't even think as I grabbed my phone and threw it at him. As quick as I could I told him there was an address on it.  The light grew brighter as I disappeared from that room.  How could I have been so stupid?  The style of traveling itself wasn't so bad.  It was quick, painless very similar to how I used to teleport.  But it felt warmer.  I stumbled out of the other side.  My hand quickly undid the bag as I grabbed a pistol out of the smaller pocket.