"Are you ready for this?" Bellamy asks.

"Of course she is." Octavia replies just as Harper and Monty arrive. They all exchange greetings and walk into the Debnam building as the guards open the doors.

As one of the door guards moved to keep the door open, her jacket corner lifted to reveal a black boxy object. The coat covered the object once again, hand gun, Clarke thought. The group barely had anytime to marvel at the beauty of the building, lined with chandeliers and simple Victorian decorations on the walls when they were greeted by a dark skinned woman with a trimmed haircut.

"Good Morning, I am Indra. Miss Woods' personal assistant, if you'd please follow me." Indra said with no welcoming expression on her face. Octavia exchanged a subtle annoyed look with Clarke before they followed the straight-edge assistant. They then were led to a golf cart and had to drive to an elevator to get to Lexa Wood's office. Indra quietly smiled at herself as she saw Clarke's team admire the size of the place. Large vintage paintings hung on velvet dark walls and workers were rushing in uniform lines, each with purpose and confidence.

  They finally made it to Lexa's office and Indra opened the door for the group. Clarke took a sharp intake of breath before entering .

xxx

Clarke didn't see her at first, she was standing by her window and the sun shone past her making Lexa Woods a silhouette. 

    The silhouette then walked towards her guests and Clarke swore her heart almost leapt out of her throat. Her beauty was astounding, her brown hair glistened in the sunlight as it cascaded down her shoulders; her eyes twisting electrifying shades of green, emotionless but beautiful. Clarke then noticed how freezing the office was but the sight of the business woman sent warm flutters through her stomach.

    "Ms.Griffin." Lexa shook Clarke's hand, seeing no need for an introduction. Clarke felt all the energy from her body sucked from the brief contact but kept her grip firm.

    Clarke cleared her throat and said "This is Octavia Blake, Head of Management, Bellamy Blake Head of Security, Monty Green, Head of Social Affairs, and finally Harper McIntyre, my on-hand assistant." Lexa nodded slightly at Clarke's team, and respectively introduced her own team.

"Roan Snow, Head of Social affairs, Lincoln Oak Head of Management, Titus who is in charge of finances and you have met Indra.". Indra and Harper glare at each other, similar to over-protective dogs.

A silent moment passed as the two teams stood across from each other, similar to that of a barrel of gun powder ready to be set aflame. Lexa nodded to Indra before anyone could say anything.

Indra led Clarke to a meeting table at one side of Lexa's very large office and everyone sat down in silence apart from Lexa, who stood at one end of a table, and Harper, who stood in the corner ready to take notes. Clarke felt greatly uncomfortable and intimidated by the size of the office, heck, even her employees looked like terrifying soldiers. Indra hands a manila folder to Clarke while another new employee comes in and places glasses of water on wooden coasters. Ice cold but with no ice.

"I need your company's support in a rescue party and you need mine to support your professional outlook. Trikru is smart, they never leave a trace of their misdeeds apart from vandalism and I need something they have." Lexa starts, Octavia making a mental note to make fun of the movie-esque way she talked. "They're not like the other street gangs. I propose a deal of mutual benefit, I get what was taken from me and you get the satisfaction of the end of another menace." Lexa concludes, Octavia struggled keeping her business composure. Clarke ever so subtly brushed Octavia's arm, signaling her to stay cool.

"They feel betrayed as I have not aided them in their illegal intentions, that is why they have painted one of my buildings." Lexa clarified as Clarke raised her eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, illegal intentions?" Clarke questions.

"Human trafficking, drug deals, heists, child labor, I could list many more." Lexa says, a placid expression remains on her face, while Clarke tried her best to not let her thoughts turn into words.

  Clarke meets Lexa's eyes and saw nothing, not a hint of humanity or a personality. She frowns and returns to reading the manila folder in front of her, should she even trust Lexa? She looks up to see Lexas eyes on her yet again and Clarke falls into an unintentional trance. She couldn't tell if her hands were sweaty or if the coarse material of the manila folder just didn't compare to her well moisturized hands.

   After some small deliberation the deal was made, papers were signed and soon enough Clarke's team was being escorted to leave.

  "Could I have a moment alone with Ms.Griffin?" Lexa asks as everyone leaves the red office. Bellamy gives an unsure look to Clarke who just quietly nods, and Indra closes the door behind them.

"Thank you for agreeing." Lexa says as soon as everyone left the room.

"Of course, I feel as if I need to." Clarke replies trying her best to subdue the thoughts racing through her mind. "What is it you've lost again?"

"My cousin, I left her there. She deserves better." Lexa confesses.

"I understand, I'd do anything to save the people I love."

Lexa furrows her brows and says "Who says I love her?"

Harper then walks in and interrupts before Clarke could reply, "I'm sorry Ms.Woods, Ms.Griffin we'll be late." Clarke says farewell to Lexa who replies with a nod. To Clarke's relief she makes it out of the building without fainting. And Octavia, without bursting into a fit of laughter.

xxx

   "And that's about it." Clarke finishes, recounting all of the meeting to Raven in the living room. Raven was sitting on the couch upside down playing Mario Kart while Octavia and Clarke sat in armchairs, like true professionals.

"Nope not all of it. You left the part were you stared at Lexa Woods for the whole meeting." Octavia mentioned, smirking when she saw Clarke blush. Raven looks up with wide eyes and a sudden interest.

"I don't know what you're talking about, your boyfriend was in the room yet you decided to not recognize each-other." Clarke states and starts caressing a nearby pillow as an excuse to avoid eye contact.

"Ooh, what is this I hear? Clarkie-poo's in love with the enemy?" Raven pauses the game and looks at Clarke in response, ignoring the bit about Octavia.

"I met her eleven hours ago." Clarke said defensively.

"She literally eye-fucked her, Clarke was drooling all over those expensive Victorian desks." Octavia laughed as she dodged the pillow thrown at her.

xxx

  Clarke's room was nothing special, she had the attic conjoined with a master bedroom and had a swing hanging from the ceiling with her sketches and drawings covering one wall. A large king sized bed in the middle, a dresser and mirror at one side, and translucent drapes and a bookshelf was all that adorned the walls. Clarke sighed and flopped on her bed as she dreams about a certain pair of green eyes that never seemed to be off her mind.

XXX