There's a heart stain on the carpet

The roof is like any other roof, it's blank. It's so high that it's hard to reach, hard to decorate. You lye down, you sleep, it's dark. Who spends time looking up anyways?

Dan. That's who.

He ditched the bed, the couch, in pursuit of laying on the ground. It seemed almost ridiculous, but it's what he needs now.  The stinging reminder of the freezing cold tiles, paining his back as the bumps of his spine heavily press into the floor. It kept him awake, kept him thinking.

Any relationship councillor would tell him the same thing: talk to your s/o. From all the 'experts' in the world, to the priest at his grandmas church, to SarahSmith37 on Twitter. If only it was that simple. He couldn't exactly go up to a random stranger and say "hey! I think my boyfriend might be murdering several people, I still love him though, help?" The answer would be them slowly dialling 999 into their phone with a smile.

No, he couldn't confront anyone about it, he told Alex, who didn't give him any really helpful relationship advice, sure he got some great life advice, but that's not what he needs. Really, there were two options he would pick: confront Phil and ask him about it (and potentially get murdered himself), or get the FUCK out.

And right now he could only see one decision. He rolled over and rest his cheek on the floor, groaning loudly and squinting his eyes shut as though, maybe, maybe, he might be able to never have to face his responsibilities, oh! There's another option! pretend none of this ever happened.

No. Nada. Non. It'll just eat at him and he'll bring it up when he's screaming at phil. But maybe he should ask phil about it?? After all, as far as he can tell, he is the only person that can scream at phil and not getting beat up (or killed?)

Exhibit a: the time phil started smoking again and dan threw out the 2 packets of cigarets he bought, then continued to have a loud argument about it, followed by phil eventually giving up and the both of them eating Thai on the couch while judging the crap out of 50 shades of grey.

He needed time to think.