Chapter 7 - Stargazing

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I see, did you understand it Mikey?"

"Uhhh," he scratched his head, "....Sort of? Something about alignment."

"Close enough." Donnie shrugged and looked up at the night sky.

Mikey peered at the sky, seeing figures outlined in the stars, "Hey doc, don't they have some sort of name for that giant spoon?"

Donatello sighed, "It's called The Big Dipper Mikey, it's a constellation."

Michaelangelo frowned, "I was asking (y/n)."

You smiled, "Well...Donatello's right, it's called the Big Dipper, but's there's also a smaller one."

Mikey strained to see, "Where?"

"There." You pointed to it, "It's called the Little Dipper."

"Ohh, are there anymore constellations?"

You nod, "There's Orion the Hunter, Leo the Lion, and..."

Donatello looked at you as your voice trailed off in his head, seeing you point out the different figures and trying to explain them to the hopeless Mikey. He smiled slightly, seeing how your (e/c) eyes seemed to dance with the sky. Even though you relied heavily on science, he could tell that you were still a hopeless dreamer. Your soft,(h/c) hair spilled around your shoulders and down your back, (sorry if you have short hair,XD ), flowing softly in the breeze. You had a soft smile on your face as you talked, enjoying the peaceful moment while it lasted. Donatello leaned back as he continued to watch you. For the first time since the Kraang outbreak, he finally felt...relaxed.

You leaned back on your hands, continuing to tell Michaelangelo all that you knew. Eventually, you had run out of words and let Mikey figure out the others on his own. He peered up at the sky with wonderment, trying to trace out figures.

You glanced over at the finally quiet Mikey, unaware of Donatello watching you, and looked back up at the sky, seeing the stars dance around. You felt a touch of pain in your heart as you remembered how your father would carry you up to the rooftops on his shoulders, telling you about the constellations and cosmos. If only he could be here....He would know exactly how to find the retromutagen; how to make this madness stop.

Donatello glanced over at you, seeing sorrow fill your face. Your (h/c) hair swayed in the wind as you pulled your knees up to you, falling silent.

"Is...everything okay, (y/n)?"

You looked down, "I just...miss my father...that's all...He would take me stargazing when I was a child, telling me everything he knew about them......I-I...I wish that he could still be here, he would know exactly what to do to find the retromutagen.," You began to feel hot tears form in your eyes, "H-he wouldn't burn himself on pyrolingenous acid o-or fail at over 200 attempts...He would've found it by now....even my brother, James, would have...and he's only a biologist! Not a chemist!"

"Hey..." He gently lifted your head up to meet his brown eyes, brushing away a tear with his thumb, "You are an amazing scientist, (y/n)...and you will make your own mark in this world...You aren't defined by your past or where you came from...You're defined by what you do...Don't ever forget that..."

You smiled slightly and quickly wiped away another tear, "Th-thank you, Donatello."

He nodded and looked back at the sky, "We'll find the retromutagen, don't worry..."

"Ughhh," Mikey stood and groaned, holding his stomach. "I-I don't think my stomach liked that pizza, I-I've got to go!!" He quickly ran over to the edge and hurled off the side of the building, destroying the moment.

Donatello sighed, "Mikey! I've told you a thousand times to NOT EAT STREET PIZZA!!"

"But it's my favorite!" He whined and climbed down, heading back to the lair.

"Sorry about that, (y/n)."

You chuckled, "It's fine..."

Donatello shifted, brushing your hand with his on accident. You felt a slight pink on your face as he stood up, unaware of what happened.

"It's getting late, we should get back."

You nodded as he helped you stand, "Okay..."

The moon slowly slipped back into view as the three of you heading back beneath the ground and into the lair, out of sight from the night sky.

~ Shredder's Lair~

"Master."

TigerClaw turned around at the sound of his name, "What is it?" He rumbled.

The Foot bot kneeled, "....We've found them."

He sneered, "Perfect. Send subject X after the girl, that should get their attention."

"As you wish, sir."