Chapter 3: The Johnson Estate

-{Ciel's POV}-

I had been busying myself with my paperwork all day. My neck was cramping, my hand ached a little. Though these are things that I would never voice. Sebastian came into the room with a cart of my dinner. I had asked him to bring it into my room today. He set the food down on the side of my desk where a few stacks of paper had piled up. "Today I have prepared for you, pan seared mutton with a fresh garden salad. Please enjoy." Sebastian bowed and then turned to leave. "I almost forgot. Here." Sebastian turned back to me and placed a small white envelope on my desk. I sighed, "This better not be one of the Earl Trancy's balls." Sebastian smiles. "I assure you it is not. In fact, you may quite enjoy this invitation." I sigh putting down my pen and picked up the letter in my hands. It was white with no damage done to the envelope. I found my letter opener from inside my desk and slid it across the top. Pulling out the letter I opened it to find neat writing.

Dear Earl Phantomhive,

First, I must apologize for my maid's recent behavior. As she had invited you for tea, I strongly believe that it is quite rude not to pursue an indicated invitation. As such, I would ask if you would join me for tea this Saturday at noon.

My deepest apologies,

Viscount W. Johnson

"Sebastian!" I called once I had finished reading the letter. Sebastian entered into my office and bowed. "Yes, my lord?" I looked back down at the letter. "What is planned for Saturday at noon?" I asked. "You are available at that time, my lord." Sebastian replied without moving. "Good. Write a reply to the Johnson estate and have it sent by midnight." I placed the letter at the top of my desk and Sebastian picked it up. "Yes, my lord." He took the dinner cart and the letter and left my office. I picked up the envelope and threw it out under my desk. Then I returned to work.

-{Sebastian's POV}-

Saturday came quicker than I imagined. The young lord and I were headed off to the Johnson estate. I thought about the (h/c)-haired female that we had met earlier that week. I didn't think that she belonged to a residence as high as the Johnson Company. The Johnson Company was a popular company. Not as popular as the Funtom Company, but it was quite well known.

Once we arrived at the estate I helped the young lord out of the carriage. I walked slightly behind the young lord. As we were approaching the front door, I couldn't help but admire the setup of the garden. They must've had some skilled gardeners as everything was in prime shape. There was not a single blade of yellow grass to be seen. I wished Finnian would take just as good care of the young lord's garden.

The young lord knocked on the door. After only a moment of silence, the door opened without a creak. The (h/c)-haired girl from earlier that week was standing there. She smiled, "Welcome Earl Phantomhive. A pleasure to see you again." She opened the door wider so that we could enter. "Please do come in. Is there anything you would like me to take for you?" She asked. "No." The young lord replied simply. "Please follow me, I will escort you to my master's office." She lead us up the stairs and down a hall of doors. At the end of the hall sat double doors, on the other side I presumed was the office of Viscount Johnson.

The maid knocked on the door, "Yes?" a voice, most likely Viscount Johnson's, could be heard through the door. "Beg your pardon sire, but the Earl Phantomhive has arrived."

"Come in." Viscount Johnson replied. The girl held the door open for the young lord and I. The room was medium sized, a little smaller than the young lord's own office. It had a desk on the far side of the room and a bookshelf lined the wall behind the desk. To the left of the desk was a balcony, the door was slightly cracked open and dark green curtains flowed in the wind. A few more windows around the room had the same curtains. To the right of the desk was a set of two dark oak chairs and a glass coffee table.