|Chapter Ten|

Previously in The Secrets, The Lies: After everything seems too good to be true in the Valderrama house hold, the familiar face of Nick shows up.

Demi

"Nick and I were married, obviously. We met in high school, and got engaged while I was in college. Once we got married, he began abusing me. He would hit me, scream at me..." I trailed off, hesitating on the next part, "He would rape me. When I finally had the will to leave, I knew I had to get out of there for good. I found Wilmer and moved in with him. Nick found us once we were divorced, and he stole you, Eddie. Stole? Kidnapped, he kidnapped you"

I saw mixed expressions on both of my children's faces.

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Eddie asked,

I sucked in a quick breath, "I thought I had told you enough as it was, and I thought you would have respected the fact that I didn't want him in our lives. You knew he had been in prison, what were you expecting?"

Wilmer nodded, "People don't get fifteen year sentences for nothing"

"I know, I just thought..." Eddie trailed off while frustratingly running his hand through his hair. "It's difficult, I just wanted to see where I got my looks from and stuff. No offence Mom but I don't exactly look like you"

"I get that, but you could have just asked for a photo" My son didn't respond, he just nodded silently, "Do you understand why we can't have him having anything to do with this family?"

Wilmer interrupted, "Once you've moved out of the house then you can have as much to do with him as you want, but we don't want him being anywhere near us"

"I understand" Eddie said.

..

I flipped the chicken over as it sizzled against the pan. After our conversation, Eddie had asked if his friend Christian could come over. I had heard of him before, not much since Nia came into the picture, but they went to primary school together. Accepting, I was now making an entire three course meal.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I do not cook. I mean, I've made pancakes before and I'm really good at putting chicken nuggets in the oven, but I've never been a typical housewife.

"Is this right?" I asked Wilmer as he poured me a glass of red wine,

He peaked over my shoulder, "Yeah, that's perfect, I wouldn't leave it on for any longer"

"Good thing I asked" I chucked, taking the glass of wine and taking a small sip as I felt Wilmer's lips suddenly trailing up the side of my neck. His hands attached to my waist as I moaned softly, "We have two children and a guest here..."

"They're upstairs" My husband whispered into my ear,

I smirked, "But we also have dinner to serve"

Wilmer sighed, "Fine, but tonight..." He trailed off, wiggling his eyebrows at me before distancing himself and setting up the dining table.

..

Dinner was nice, Christian decided to stay the night as his parents had an 'emergency' and couldn't pick him up. That was fine though, shit happens and he's a nice boy anyway. He reminded me of Aladdin in the way he looked, especially with his longer hair.

"Haven't seen Nia much since Alaya's party"

I nodded, "She's probably scared to come over because we'll blame her for all of Eddie's sudden curiosity about Nick, which we do. Well, I do at least"

"She's a seventeen year old girl, were the decisions you made at seventeen great?"

I chuckled with a hint of sarcasm in my voice, "I was dating Nick at seventeen, what about you?"

"I was partying" Wilmer admitted,

"What a rebel" I joked, linking my arms around his neck before I lifted myself to press my lips against his. "What did you say earlier about tonight?"

A smirk came upon Wilmer's lips before he picked me up, throwing me playfully onto the bed before attaching his lips with mine once again.

Sorry for the shitty chapters, this book is almost over lmao like maybe 5 chapters left. I'm stuck on whether to do a prequel or not. I've been planning one since like the first book of this series but I think if I do publish it then it'll be after I've gotten some of my other books out of the way. What do you think:? Photo of Christian is at the top.