|Chapter One|

Demi ran her tongue along the back of her teeth as she yelled at Eddie to come down stairs for the third time, "You're not going to have time to eat breakfast if you don't hurry up!" The woman groaned, taking a sip from her coffee cup as the fully grown golden retriever sniffed around her feet, "Hey Bindy" Demi smiled, nudging the dog softly with her foot as Bindy looked up at her, collection of white hairs scattered over her back as she smiled. Well, she stuck her tongue out, that's smiling right?
Bindy was like a miracle dog, usually the life span for her breed was 10-12, but here she is standing strong at 16. Apart from being deaf in one ear, and partially deaf in the other.

"Morning Mom" Eddie said, rushing to the dining table, "Sorry, I was doing something"

Alaya looked up from her cereal bowl, "What, texting your girlfriend?" She teased,

"Shut up, lizard"

"What did I tell you about calling your sister that?" Their mother sighed, looking at her seventeen year old son blankly. "Apologise"

"Sorry" He muttered, taking a bite out of his toast.

Alaya rolled her eyes, "You wouldn't be so defensive if it wasn't true"

"Seriously? You two were so close when you were little, what happened?" Wilmer asked, walking into the room dressed in a black suit.

"They're not our babies anymore" Demi pouted before Wilmer pecked her on the lips, "How does your sister look like a lizard anyway?"

Eddie shrugged, pushing his plate away and grabbing the school bag that was next to his feet. "Hey Bindy" He smiled, kneeling down to the level of the dog as he pet her on the head. "Who's taking me to school?"

"Your legs" Demi placed her coffee mug in the sink, "I am"

"I can do it" Wilmer offered,

"Won't you be late for work?"

Wilmer thought for a moment, "That's a good point"

Demi chuckled lightly, taking her time when pressing her lips against Wilmer's, "I'll see you later" She winked as her two children screwed up their faces, "Watch it, how do you think you were created?"

"We really don't need to know the details" Alaya said, walking up and placing her bowl in the sink.

"Okay guys, let's go" Eddie huffed,

"Watch your attitude" Demi warned, looking at the boy sternly as his face softened,

"Sorry" He smiled softly,

"Thank you" She responded, "Okay, let's go" Demi grabbed her hand bag before blowing Wilmer a kiss, he smiled at the gesture before Demi left the house.

"Shot gun!" Alaya yelled, rushing to secure herself in the passenger seat of Demi's car,

"I shot gun for the way home" Eddie challenged as his younger sister rolled her eyes,

"Whatever"

..

Alaya walked over to her boyfriend once she was sure her Mother had driven off and her Brother was out of sight. Of course Demi and Wilmer did not know about him. Scott was older, and Alaya was sure that her parents would have a hard time accepting him. "Hey baby" The older boy smiled, planting a kiss on the girls lips as she brushed her long brown hair out of her face.

"Hey" Alaya responded, a smitten smirk on her face as the man intertwined their fingers.

"I'm going to a party tonight, you should come" Scott offered, looking at his iPhone in his other hand as he spoke.