I heard Bridget and Megan giggle.

"Excuse me??" Brianna said. I dropped my fork and stood up to face them.

"You heard."

Bella stepped forward, her arms folded.

"Is it cause you had fun with Rick yesterday that you think you're on top of the world?"

I smirked.

"No, hon. No. But I did have fun yesterday. Do you know? Do you know he took shots on me??"

"Ha! That was because he didn't find me. Bitch you can dream. You're just a hood rat. You don't belong here! Don't take your dreams for reality. Rick was probably drunk yesterday. And so don't be all happy."

I laughed.

"You're ridiculous. Oh, did I tell you how warm his tongue felt against my skin?"

I heard the other girls gasp. Even Bree. Bella reddened with anger, speechless as ever. I smirked at her and turned to the girls.

"See you later, girls. I'm going out."

"Alright." they replied.

I got my jacket and walked out of the haters and out of the house.

**

I knocked at the sigma house. A few minutes later, Lucas opened the door.

"Heeeey." he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hey." we hugged each other and he let me in.

"You're home alone?"

"Yeah. Don't know where they all went too. But they're three seniors asleep up there."

"Okay." I sat on a chair in their living room and Lucas sat on a couch opposite me. "Luke, remember I said we need to talk. Yesterday."

He stared at me.

"Hmm. You're scaring me, Harlem."

I giggled.

"No. No don't be scared. It's nothing to be scared about." I reassured him.

"Then?" he smirked, "Are you gonna tell me you love me?" he asked playfully and I laughed.

"Ha-ha, shut the fuck up."

"Mmm. Okay. Then what's it about?"

"Lu?"

"Yeah?"

"This is surely going to sound crazy but I need to confirm it from you."

"Yes?"

"I heard that you lack confidence with girls because– because..."

"Yes?"

"You've never slept with a girl?"

His expression changed. He was suddenly impassive.

"What?"

"Are you still inexperienced? Not that it's any of my business. Please, don't be offended." I begged.

He was silent for a while and then chuckled nervously.

"Who the hell told you–"

"It's not important." I cut in, "Yes or no?"

The smile on his face faded and he leaned back into the couch, holding his knee up on it, ignoring my question and looking out the window.

After about five minutes of silence, I spoke again.

"Lucas, I–"

"What's it to you??" he suddenly retorted.

"What?"

"What's your business?"

"Hey, don't take it the wrong way. I'm your friend Lucas. I'm trying to hel–"

"Sorry Harlem, but I don't need your help. It's my privacy." he cut in rather rudely. It surprised me. I didn't mean to anger him. Not knowing what to say, I got up to leave.

"Sorry, if I annoyed you." I apologized immediately.

I walked out of him and into the corridor that led to the exit. I was going to open the door when I  heard Lucas call me.

"Harlem?? Harlem." he walked up to me.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. It's a sensitive subject to me. I– I just don't– I don't know–"

"Shh." I cut him, "It's okay. Come here." I opened my arms to hug him.

We hugged tight.

"I'm sorry I asked. Really. It's none of my business. But if ever you want to talk, I'm here." I whispered into his ear.

"Yeah. I– I wanna talk about it."