There is only hunger. Kill the angel. Yeah, I was gonna kill the angel. I was hungry. And he was right there.

"He's not going to leave you alone. He'll just send more and more angels after you."

I couldn't help but smile at the thought. I wanted more angels. I wanted to eat all of their souls. I wanted to feel this good all the time.

I was about to raise my arms, grabbing him when something hit me hard in the back of my head. I growled like a wounded animal and backed away from Derek.

"Soul Eater," another voice said. Everything was swimming and I couldn't keep the world straight.

I blinked and looked up at yet another angel. This one was strong. I couldn't remember his name. Everything floated together and I couldn't remember anything. I didn't want to remember. I wanted to disappear.

Derek stepped forward, more lightning bolts travelling across his body. "We know you took it."

I could feel all colour draining from my face. Shit.

"Eat shit!" I shrieked. I had had enough of his angel bullshit. Time to disappear.

I evaporated into thin air. I knew they would find me again, but right now I just wanted as far away from that particular angel as possible.

They knew I loved New York and fancy hotels, so I was definitely not going there. I found a quiet college town in the middle of nowhere in some shit state. I could slip into a mortal form and then puff, be gone for six months. And college chicks were totally my thing.

Despite the fact that I had barely dodged a flying football and a flying backpack this morning, I would say it was going pretty well

Despite the fact that I had barely dodged a flying football and a flying backpack this morning, I would say it was going pretty well. I was on top of my homework, had even done some extra reading and been able to catch a movie with my roommate Troy. Everything was actually good and running smoothly which was pretty uncommon for me this early in the semester.

Usually, around this time I would be running around like a headless chicken, trying to figure out social mixers, tutor's reading lists and of course time for sleep. Was there ever a time where I got more than five hours a night?

It was such a nice change to actually having everything figured out for once. I happily sat down for my next class, lining up my books and pencil case on the little folding table attached to my seat. I smiled at the guy sitting next to me, before going over last week's pages. Nothing could ruin my mood today.

Well, except for seeing weird shit again. Like the girl who just walked into the classroom right in front of everyone. It looked like she was on fire. I tried to rub my eyes, but no. It still looked like she was on fire. Not again. I couldn't go through this again!

For years I had seen weird stuff. Mostly just colours floating around people, sometimes looking a little like smoke. Or a dull shimmer. I was usually good at ignoring it completely, but I had never seen anyone so casually sit down across the staircase from me with flames licking up their body.

I couldn't stop staring. Could nobody else see, she was burning up?

As if she could feel my eyes on her, she slowly turned her head, her gaze locking with mine. Her eyes were golden. Like actually gold.

She squinted at me and turned her head towards the blackboard. She kept looking back at me though. I couldn't stop staring. She sighed and turned her head towards me again and mouthed 'what' at me. I slowly shook my head and tried to focus on, what the teacher was telling us, but I could feel the heat from the flames. Her flames.

She didn't even look like she felt them. I shrugged off my hoodie to try and cool down, but I was burning up. Sweat ran down my back and forehead. And there was a very weird swirling sensation in my chest.

I tried not to look at her, but when I finally caved in and sneaked a peek, she was staring right at me, her golden eyes squinting. Somehow the class ended without me paying any attention to the teacher whatsoever, but both of us stayed in our seats. The last person finally left the room and we were alone.

"You... You're on fire," I said with a shaky voice. She didn't look amused or surprised. All of a sudden, she disappeared. Like poofed. Gone.

"You're a Watcher," somebody with an odd British accent said behind me. I fell out of my seat with a loud shriek. A real girly one too. She was just casually standing above me, her hands on her hips. "Who sent you?"

"Wh-what? I don't-"

Her hands clasped down on my shoulders, pushing me into the steps, shutting me right up.

"Who sent you!?" Her voice was cold. My skin where her hands were touching me was burning. Searing under her touch. But I didn't actually get any burns. It was just my head playing tricks on me, I was sure. Just like with the colours and the flames and all the weird shit.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." I stammered like a scared little kid.

She let go of my shoulders and took a deep breath, looking annoyed.

"What are you?" I asked.

She ran her hand through her hair and turned her back on me. I sat up and got ready to jump down the steps when she all of a sudden turned around again. A grim smile slid across her face. She squatted down in front of me, leaving little space between our faces.

"So, he sent a goddamn Watcher to fetch me? And what can you do? You look like a wimp."

I moved nervously, trying to put more distance between us, but she followed me up the steps until my back hit the wall.

"I-I d-don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, yeah right. Like you wouldn't know you're a Watcher. This is a new one, and not a very good one." She stopped and raised her brows in surprise when she saw the confusion on my face. "You really don't know, do you?"

"Know what?"

"That you're a Watcher."

I swallowed something. "I don't know what you're talking about," I repeated this time without stammering through it. "Why are you on fire?"

She squinted again looking like she was searching for something in my face. "Well, slap my ass and call me Nancy," she muttered. I tried to swallow the huge lump in my throat.

"What are you?" I whispered again.

"I'm a god."