Contests!

So! Every issue we're going to have some contests! Each contest will be judged by the three of us based on certain aspects, depending on the contest, and then the winners will be announced in the following issue :) 

One-shot Contest!

So it's time for a one-shot contest! The last one went great, so we figured, "Why not do it again?"

The Goal: to write a one-shot that is as awesome and fantabulous as you can make it.

The Catch: It has to incorporate certain things in order to be considered. And you have to make it work, not just throw it in there because it's required. Why? because it makes it difficult, silly! Otherwise how else would we be able to pick the best?

1. It must be an LGBT story (but that should be a given)

2. Books

3. Opposites

4. Twitter

5. Fire

6. A Promise

Be creative. The more creative you are with incorporating the elements, the better. And It's totally possible to write something with all of these things! I thought something up myself, and if I can do it, I'm sure that you can. 

***There is not a word/page limit/requirement. It can be however long you want it to be, so long as it is a one-shot

***It does not have to be put as it's own separate story. Many people have story groups where they put all of their one-shots and short stories. It can be a part of one of those it you would prefer, so long as we have the link to the story itself.

***If it has a rating of "R", please include a warning as to what the reasoning is. (I.E. : sexual themes/content, excessive swearing, etc.)

Send us the link to the one-shot in a PM. Make sure to say that it's for the contest or we won't remember. Deadline is 11:59 pm EST on April 25th.

Have Fun!

COVER CONTEST!

LOL... here we go! So it's a cover contest. Pretty simply, right? Each month we'll be having a cover contest! And then the winner will be displayed in the "contest winner's" page/article/chapter thingy the next issue. Other months we might have you make covers for LGBT books (with the author's permission of course)

This month we are asking for another magazine cover! But we're making it more difficult.

For this cover, we want you to incorporate the theme "History" into the cover. It is indeed relevant.

If you are to enter, we suggest that you explain how you incorporated the theme of "History" into the cover. It will only help your chances of winning.

***Note: It must have the title "The LGBT Magazine" on it.***

It should also look like a magazine cover, and not just be a picture with words. This still gives you a lot of space to do what you please :)

Send us the link to the cover in a PM. Make sure to say that it's for the contest or we won't remember. Deadline is 11:59 pm EST on April 25th.

PM us or email us at LGBTLibrary@live.com if you have any questions.