"I don't know what to do! I'm afraid to take my hands off of the wheel!"

            She went to yank up on the emergency break and the handle snapped right off. Nothing clicked beneath my feet. The emergency break was broken too. "It snapped off! It snapped off! Faith, it snapped off!"

             "I can clearly see that!" I tore my gaze from the rear view mirror again, then scanned the bushes on the side of the road, debating whether to turn off and try and slow down the vehicle  by running over the foliage. "I refuse to die in this stupid hunk of metal! I'm going to try and slow down the car in those bushes--"

            "Faith, look out!"

            A cloaked figure appeared in the middle of the road with his arms crossed over his chest. It was Death. For a moment, I wanted to hit him and end this madness. Could he even die?

            "You're going to hit it!"

            It?

            I went to slam on the breaks, and this time, they worked. I shut my eyes right as something large hit the windshield and nearly shattered it. I heard a scream that could have been my own. Marcy and I were luckily both wearing our seatbelts. Nevertheless, both our heads whipped sharply forward as the car jerked to a stop, and I knew I would feel the consequence of the sharp motion the next day. The airbags blew up in our face at the wrong moment, knocking my head back against the seat and momentarily suffocating me. The red, reckless Mustang behind us made a sharp before they slammed into us, scrapping the side of the car with their mirror, before finally stoppingl about twenty feet away.

            The pounding music turned off in the Mustang ahead.

              Silence.

            "Faith?" Marcy squeaked out, pushing back her airbag. Then, more panicked, she started to shove back my airbag as well. "Faith! Faith, are you alive?"

            I cut the ignition. Barely.

            "Did you see him? Did you see him?"

            "See who?"

            "The cloaked man! We hit him! How did you not...?" I threw off my seatbelt, wheezing and choking on air. I was hyperventilating. Halfway on the windshield and across the hood of the car was a deer covered in its own fresh blood, twitching and making odd noises that were halfway between what sounded like screams and moans. Mouth open in shock, I threw myself out of the vehicle and onto the concrete and threw up until my stomach was empty.

               The deer stopped twitching.

            "Oh my gosh!" the shrill, distant voice of a woman shrieked, followed by a rapid click-click-click of heels coming towards me. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! She's dying! It's all my fault, Dev! She's dying! It's all my fault!"

            Dev?

            The heels got louder and so did the shrill, annoying voice. A perfectly manicured hand started to help me up. "I'm so sorry, honey! I'm so sorry! Please don't die, although it might get me on the popular page again on Instagram if you do! Rest in pieces! Wait, is that the phrase...? Oh my gosh! I don't know how to drive a stick, it's all my fault!"

            You have no idea what I am capable of, Death's last haunting words echoed in my skull.

            "I'm not dying! Get off of me! Don't touch me, I'm fine!" Shaking her off, I unsteadily got up from my mess on the ground and sluggishly stumbled to the front of my car, blinded and disoriented by the headlights.