Chapter 6 - Visitors

Start from the beginning

I froze. Did I want to meet the man who quite possibly caused me so much harm that I can't even remember my childhood? As terrible as the idea sounded, he was the only one who may have some answers.

"I assure you Dean's father has mellowed out substantially since Dean took over. My father won't be happy to hear he's in our territory, but I'm the Alpha now so he will deal with it. I promise I won't let anything happen to you, Lena," Elijah tried to assure me once again.

"I think I'm more worried about all of these painful memories flooding my mind if I recognize him," I said softly.

"It may be the only way we can find out anything about your past, but if you don't want to then I'll respect your wish," Elijah told me.

I sighed. There he goes being all sweet and understanding, yet again. Wouldn't a normal Alpha have told me I didn't have a choice in the matter? Better yet, wouldn't the average Alpha be desperate to figure out what was supposedly so unique about me, so he could use it to benefit himself?

I knew Elijah was just as curious about my past as I was, but I felt like he wanted to know about it so he could understand me better and become closer with me. Although I've doubted him time and time again, I refused to believe he had any malicious intent.

"Okay, let's do it," I said with a sigh. At least I would have several hours to prepare myself and toughen back up. Between this mate bond and these horrid nightmares, I felt I was becoming way too soft. I needed to get my fierce personality back in check so this man would know he couldn't fuck with me. I wasn't a helpless little girl anymore.

Elijah and smiled and nodded before pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and heading out of the room. I busied myself by cleaning up the dishes I had dirtied for breakfast. I had to keep my mind off of these Dark Root Alphas paying us a visit.

Not only was I anxious for personal reasons, but members of Dark Root are typically quite dark and malicious individuals. I could only imagine their Alpha and former Alpha would be the epitome of evil.

After I cleaned the kitchen I decided to shower up and make myself presentable for our...guests...if you could call them that. I wanted to show this fucker that I turned out to be a hot bitch despite what he may have had done to me as a child. I was strong and bold, and I would make sure these men knew that.

I knew if these Alphas were coming to help, that they came in peace. Especially since Elijah and Dean were somehow friends. I should be grateful for their willingness to help us find information, but my wolf and I couldn't help but to feel defensive.

After my shower I dressed myself in a pair of skin-tight black leather pants, black heeled booties, and a silver blouse that flowed down to my upper-thigh. I let my natural white waves fall around my face and decided to really spend some time on my makeup. With my limited makeup knowledge and experience, I managed to pull off a subtle smoky-eye with a smooth line of black eyeliner. I finished off with black mascara and a light foundation and powder.

Satisfied with my strong appearance, I exited the bathroom and went off to find Elijah. I was curious as to exactly what time I should expect their arrival. As I rounded the corner into the bedroom, I walked straight into Elijah's chest.

He chuckled at me, causing me to look up at him with a frown.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asked, taking in my change in appearance.

"I was coming to find you," I replied, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well you found me," Elijah said with a wink.

"Dean and Archie should make an appearance this evening sometime. Probably around dinner," Elijah informed me. Archie? I assumed that was Dean's father's name. Not a very intimidating name for the former Alpha of Dark Root.