Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to find Dally with his arm around me. My head was on his chest. I looked up, seeing him looking down at me with a worried expression. "You okay, kid?" He asked.
"I don't see why not, Dal." I yawned, looking up at the ceiling. He sighed, looking up too. "You were crying last night in your sleep. I rolled over and tried to wake you up by up just started yelling. Once I got you back to sleep you just kinda lay there, and didn't move. I didn't try to move you, you actually had a peaceful sleep for once this month." I thought for a minute, then rolled over and hugged Dally. "Thanks, I actually needed that." I told him. He smiled. "No problem kid." He got up, changing into a black t shirt and his jean jacket. "Where's yours, Johnny?" Where was my jacket? Dally was smirking at me. "What?" I asked, sitting up on the bed. "You gave it to Jess, didn't you!?" Dal laughed. Oh yea, Jess has my jacket. I nodded sheepishly, putting on Pony's grey zip up hoodie. "Well let's go pick those two up and-"
"No, I'm meeting Jess at the lot." I cut him off, remembering my plans. Dal sighed, walking out the door. I followed him, picking up a pack of cigarettes from Soda and running out the door. I ran towards the lot, feeling my pockets for my switch and my lighter. Jess was standing in the lot, facing the other direction. I ran up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Johnny!" Jess laughed, turning around. She hugged me, and then her head rested on my shoulder. I smiled, "Hey Jess.." Only then did I notice her arms around my neck, and mine on her waist. She blushed, and I did too. We sat down against the tree, looking up at the clear blue sky. "How come you live with Pony and Dally?" She asked after a while of silence. I sighed, knowing this was coming. "My parents threw me out, they were abusive once I turned ten." I started. "Dally took me in, and after a while we left there and moved in with Darry, Soda, and Pony." Jess nodded, shifting awkwardly. "Shouldn't you be in school..?" Another question. "Dropped out with Pony and Dally." We sat there in silence, then Jess leaned over and lay her head on my shoulder. She moved to where her back lay on my arm. I smiled softly, putting my head on top of hers. I felt her relax, and smiled to myself. Jess was comfortable around me now, I guess. "Now it's time for me to ask questions." I laughed, looking down at Jess. She smiled, "Ask away."
"Okay, first. How long have you lived here? I've never seen you before."
Jess rolled her eyes. "My parents kept me inside the house until I turned 16. My dad basically homeschooled me, then when he thinks I'm ready I'll go to public school. I've lived here since I was 4, so it's been 12 years."
I nodded, looking up at the branches. "What about your sister?" She shifted uncomfortably. "Leah, well, she never went to school. I'm considered the smartest in our family, even though I started school at 10."
We sat there in silence, until someone threw a stick at us. "Johnny, you idiot!" Dally yelled. I jumped up, hoping Jess didn't fall. She didn't, good. Dally was staring at us. "You told me that we'd go play football with the gang, then you're up here!" I knew he was just messing, since he we smiling. I rolled my eyes. "Dal you knew last night Id be here." He smirked. "Cmon kid, you know I'm just messin with you." Jess relaxed, moving her grip from my arm. She had been holding on when Dally showed up. "Dallas, where's my sister?" She asked. He rolled his eyes. "Didnt want to come, so I gave up and came over here."
I eventually convinced Dally to leave, so me and Jess at sat back down. I lay back on the ground, and she put her head on my chest. "Can I have my jacket back?" I asked jokingly. She rolled her eyes. "You have one on, I think you'll be okay."
We ended up staying there until sunset, and once the sun went down, Jess began to get up. "Why don't we stay out here tonight?" I suggested. She gave me an odd look, then sighed. "Fine, whatever. But if it gets cold you're becoming a human blanket." She laughed at the end. God, her laugh and smile were so pretty. I sat down beside a pile of sticks, making a barrier around them with rocks so that when I lit the fire it wouldn't go anywhere far. I pulled out my lighter, lighting a few pieces of grass and throwing them in the sticks. A few minutes later the fire was going, and i was propped up against the tree. Jess was leaning against me, her head on my chest. I didn't think she would actually like me, since I was shy and didn't open up much. I put my arm around her, closing my eyes.
•• The next morning ••
"Johnny!" I heard someone scream. My eyes shot open, and Jess was being taken by some Socs. I yelled, pulling out my switchblade and running after them. Dally was running up the hill, Pony and Soda behind him. I jumped on the Soc that was holding Jess, hitting him with the handle. The blade wasn't out, so he didn't get cut. He dropped Jess, and she ran for the tree. Dally was beating the fool out of someone twice his size. Pony and Soda each had someone, and Darry was running up the hill. Heck, everyone came to fight three Socs. Dally had his blade out, and so did Soda. We had Darry and Pony on one side of the Socs, and the ones with blades were backing them up into them. Darry took one by the arms, and I stepped up in front of him. "You touch that girl again and the next thing you'll see is darkness 'cause you'll be dead and gone by the time I'm through with you." I told him in a dark voice. "Woah Johnny, take it easy." Dally chuckled. I shot a glare at him, and turned back to the guy in front of me. I put my blade up close to his neck. "Yoy get your sorry excuse for a friend out of here, and never show your face again." I yelled, right in his face. Darry let the kid go, shoving him to his car. The other kid followed him, picking up the one that Dally beat the shit out of. I turned to the tree, seeing Jess hop down. She ran over, hooking her arms around my neck and burying her face into my neck, tucked between her arm and my actual neck. (If that made sense) I put my arms around her, pulling her close. She began crying, and I just hugged her tighter. "It's okay, they're gone now." I whispered in her ear. She took a deep breath, looking up at me. For the third time in two days, we were standing like we were dancing. I looked into her light brown eyes, blushing when she smiled. "Johnny snap out of it, you little lovebird!" Two-bit laughed. I flipped him off over my shoulder, then took a deep breath and waited for his response. "Dumb ass.." He muttered, walking off. Darry laughed, him and Soda running after Two. Pony and Dally walked off, but stopped a little bit away to watch. I looked back to Jess, somehow pulling her closer, and leaning forward. (holy frick Johnny. You go man)
Jess met me halfway, and we stood there kissing. Holy, freaking, moly. I just kissed her. She pulled away first to the sound of Dally yelling and cheering. Pony kicked a rock, then clapped a bit. Jealous child..
I smiled, letting go of Jess and holding her hand instead. We walked towards Dally and Pony, who welcome me with high fives, clapping, and a shit ton of smiling. I knew today had been awesome, and it was just beginning.
•••
Here's a lil thing for Johnny and Jess

 •••Here's a lil thing for Johnny and Jess

Also poor lil Dally.

 Oh yea and another

Oh yea and another.

 Okay I'm done

Okay I'm done...
-
-
Nope one more.

Honestly, I'm going to make a book of just these things

Honestly, I'm going to make a book of just these things. I have 435 right now. I also have a major obsession and issues, mentally and physically. Peace ✌️