Celebrate

A/N: Pic above is Haruhi's dress. Nozomi's was shown during the shopping chapter. Also the video is just a tango that I loved watching and wanted to put a video in. 

                      A few hours after she'd said goodbye to Kaoru, Nozomi and Haruhi are finally ready for the celebration Kyoya's family was holding. All they had to do was wait for Kaoru to knock on their door. The twins had packed her luggage before they left and she wasn't surprised to find the dress they'd picked out inside. Haruhi had brought the dark red strapless gown that was picked for her and it looked beautiful on her. Nozomi fiddles with a curled strand of hair that frames her face, waiting nervously for Kaoru to arrive. Someone was supposed to come with him and escort Haruhi but they didn't know who it would be. The knock finally comes and the girls walk to the door together. Kaoru is standing in the hall, glaring at Tamaki who continues to whisper yell back and forth with the auburn haired twin. The girls clear their throats and it silences the other pair as they turn to face them. The boys' eyes widen and their jaws drop when they look at both of the girls dressed up. Haruhi sighs and looks away, slightly blushing while Nozomi is suddenly very interested in her toes peeking out from underneath her dress.
"Are you escorting Haruhi, Tama-senpai?" Nozomi asks, finally finding her voice.
"Yes, the princess needed an escort and I couldn't say no." He cuts a glare to Kaoru and it confuses Nozomi but she nods anyway.
Tamaki moves to Haruhi's side and Kaoru to Nozomi's, then head down to the grand ballroom.
                              Nozomi frowns as they enter, remembering her conversation with Kyoya in the room earlier in the week, but blocks it out with a small smile. The hotel hadn't decorated it further which is good or else it would've looked more like a prom than a business event. Waiters and waitresses are moving through the crowds, offering various drinks and finger foods. The tables that were tucked away are out, making a large U but leaving plenty of open space for people to mingle and dance. Nozomi had never been to a party in general and she was barely holding her excitement at how elegant her first party is. Kaoru leads her over to where the rest of the Host Club minus Kyoya is standing. Honey grins broadly at her and hugs her tightly, telling her how cute she looked (especially with Kao-chan, he adds under his breath). She blushes again, catching the end of his statement and hugs the blond. She spares a glance at Haruhi who is being relentlessly bothered by Tamaki over how adorable his 'daughter' was in a dress and how Nozomi must've had a positive effect on her femininity. Haruhi's brown eyes catch Nozomi's and mouths 'help'. Nozomi grins in response and mouths 'hair dye' back at her.
"What's with the 'hair dye' and 'Danny and Arin' thing? You two have been on about that for the whole week." Hikaru and Kaoru ask.
"When we went shopping we figured you all must've had an ulterior motive. We were right of course. We talked about dyeing our hair, changing our names to Danny and Arin, and running away. Now it's a running joke with us when we want to get out of something."
"Makes sense, but we'd still find you. Kyoya can track down anyone it seems."
                                    Kyoya steps to the front of the room next to two older men and begins a speech to the crowd about the joining of the companies and that they were all called to celebrate and honor the merger. Everyone applauds politely and they're told to enjoy themselves. Everyone moves to the tables and the wait staff returns with several platters of food that they place in front of each guest along with a glass of champagne. Nozomi is sitting between Haruhi and Kaoru, Hikaru on Kaoru's other side, with Tamaki, Honey, and Mori across from them. They all eat and chatter about the party and the return to Japan in the morning. The tension between Kaoru and Tamaki is painfully obvious, making Nozomi and Haruhi quietly whisper about it, trying to figure out what's going on. Honey is watching the boys eat angrily while sending daggers with their eyes, challenging each other. Honey starts to giggle and the girls ask him what's going on.
"I told you they wouldn't know, Takashi!" He says, not answering their questions.
"Honey-senpai, tell us what's going on." Haruhi scolds.
"It's so obvious, but I don't think even they know." He replies, pointing his thumb at the fuming boys.
"This is ridiculous." Nozomi mutters before looking up to Honey. "Can you make them stop?"
"Nope!" He pops the 'p'. "They will have to sort it out themselves. Nozomi-chan, do you want to dance with me?"
The boys freeze at their elder's question and turn to stare at Nozomi awaiting her response.
"Sure. It'll be more fun than watching that. Mori-senpai, you have to dance with Haruhi though."
He nods after a moment and they all stand, the boys taking the girls' hands and leading them to the floor. Kaoru and Tamaki share a look before resuming their silent argument.
                                   After the girls danced with Honey and Mori, they switched partners and danced again to make it even. They remain on the floor afterward, talking quietly until Honey starts to laugh again and pulls Mori away. The girls turn to find Hikaru and Kaoru coming over to them, Tamaki nowhere in sight. Hikaru surprises Nozomi by asking her to dance first so she agrees, figuring she will have to dance with each host before the night was over. As they dance, she asks Hikaru if he knew what was going on with Tamaki and his brother. He smirks as he watches his brother twirl Haruhi.
"They're just having a fit like children. There's something they both want but are too stubborn to admit it, not even to themselves, and they're bickering over it. Nothing to worry about."
"That sounds incredibly stupid." She mumbles under her breath.
"Did you have fun in the pool with Kaoru earlier today?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah. I hadn't expected to be pulled in after him though."
Before he can say anything else, the song ends and Kaoru moves to pull her away with him. She stops him for a second and seemingly hugs Hikaru but whispers in his ear, "Next time, duck lower and tell Honey not to bring Usa-chan."
Hikaru jaw slackens but he shakes it off to dance with Haruhi. Nozomi grins when she notices how nervous he seems around the brunette. She turns back to mention it to Kaoru but the look in his eyes makes her breath hitch. Her mind searches for what the meaning behind it was and why it affected her so much but came up blank. She sighs and rests her head on his shoulder as they move around the floor to the music.
"Are you having fun?" He asks quietly.
"I'd have even more fun if my favorite people weren't arguing with each other and no one will tell me what it's over."
"It's complicated, but don't worry, we won't get out of hand or anything. It's a friendly rivalry so to speak." He explains.
"I really think you all misjudge my intelligence but I'll let it slide. Just calm down on it all until we're back in Japan. I'd like to enjoy this night, even though Kyoya is the reason for it."
"I'll try, just for you."
The song ends and they separate. Nozomi notices most of the Host Club staring at them, Honey and Hikaru with mischievous smirks plastered on their faces.  

A/N: There will be a part 2 to this chapter, because I already went over 1200 words and decided to split it. Also, side note: I have figured out the path of the story! I know what I want to happen (major things) and how I will end it. Maybe writing will move a little faster. ^.^