A Love That Bites Book 4 (A Mortal Instruments fan fiction)

Chapter 1

                                       Family 

     It was December fifteenth, Hunter was a month old. Isabelle and I examined the note worriedly.
     "If Raphael helped Maureen, why would he warn us?" Izzy whispered. Hunter was sound asleep in her arms.
     "I noticed that when Maureen was torturing me, he wouldn't look me in the eye. The look on his face though... it was like he was trying to apologize and that he was sorry about what she was doing." I said.
     "Maybe he didn't expect what she did."
     "Or he did and he regretted going a long with the plan." I exhaled.
     "Maybe we should talk to him." Izzy suggested and shifted Hunter in her arms.
     "I will, you won't." I stated, she took the hint that this matter wasn't up for further discussion.
     "Ok, try to get in contact with him as soon as possible." Izzy said and put her hand on my shoulder. I tossed the note onto the night stand. "I'm going to go lay Hunter down." she said and kissed my neck where a old scar was. I sighed and rubbed her back before she went to Hunters room. Hunter never made a lot of noise, he hardly ever made noise even when he was hungry he didn't cry. I sat down on our bed and looked at the clock, 5:37. I sighed, it was already dark outside because of the time of year so I picked up my phone and scrolled though the list of numbers. I found Raphael's and I called him. I took a deep breath as it rang.
      "Daylighter!" he said with surprise.
      "Meet me at Taki's." I said and I hung up. Izzy came in and her face was slightly flushed from feeding Hunter. She lied down next to me and put her head in my lap. I stroked her hair absent mindedly. She rolled onto her back and stared up at me.
      "What's wrong, and don't you dare tell me nothing." She said, she reached up and put her hand on my cheek. I moved my hand to her cheek and stroked it with my thumb.
      "I'm going to meet Raphael at Taki's." I said slowly. She immediately sat up and looked me dead in the eye.
       "You had better be careful Simon Austin Ravenwood, or so help me-"
       "Izzy," I said soothingly. "I will, I promise." She looked like she didn't believe me so I gently pulled her onto my lap and kissed her. She a small sound of surprise in the back of her throat but returned the kiss. Her hands tangled in my hair and I pulled her closer.
       "Ware gear and load it with as many weapons as you can." Izzy murmured.
       "Ok." I said and kissed her one last time. "I love you."
       "I love you too." Izzy sighed and burried her head in the crook of my neck. I held her against me and rubbed her back.
       "Baby, I need to get ready." I said gently and untangle her from me.
       "Come back in here when you are about to go." Izzy said and climbed off of me.
       "Will do," I said and kissed her cheek.
       I walked down the hall and went up two flights of stairs to the large armory where the shadowhunters kept all their 'toys'. I grabbed a pair of tough leather boots, pants, a weapon belt, some sword sheaths and a leather jacket from a shelf. Knowing that no one would come in here at this hour, I quickly stripped down to my underwear and socks. I pulled on the pants quickly and hopped into the boots, I drew a mental excellence rune on my right forearm and put my shirt back on. I put on the jacket and zipped it up, I attached the big belt to my pants. I walked over to the racks of weapon choices, I took two crystal blades and put them in the intersecting sheaths on my back. I put some long daggers in my belt and some holy blades, lastly I put a sephera blade in the belt. I drew a unseen rune on my wrist before I left the weapons room so only Nephilim, those with the sight, and other downworlders could see me.
        I went down the stairs and went back to our room again to say goodbye to Izzy. I walked in and found her reading, she had trouble getting into a book so when she saw me she tossed the book to the ground with a relieved look.
        "Meow, don't you look sexy in gear." she purred.
        "Thanks." I laughed. "So why did you want me to come back?"
        "Come here." I walked over to her side of the bed and got on my knees so my head was level with hers. "You should feed before you go." she said and moved closer to me.
        "I can get some dinner at Taki's." I shrugged. Then I realized that she wanted me to bite her. "Do you enjoy being a snack bar or something?"
        "Maybe, but if Sebastian is on the loose and Maureen is out there I want you to be strong. You know animal blood only dulls your thirst, it keeps you alive. But not as strong." Izzy said and moved so our foreheads touched. "You know you want too. My blood is just to sweet not to resist."
        "The way you said that, it was mildly creepy." I laughed and pecked her lips. She took my hand and traced some of the blue vains that were starting to surface.
        "I know your thirsty, come on." she begged.
        "Ok." I said, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and tilted her head to the side. I stood up and leaned over her. I put my leather covered arms on either side of her, sort of making a cage around her. I lowered my head to her neck and my fangs slid out with a snick, as gently as possible I bit into her neck. Izzy tensed slightly then moaned in pleasure. I felt lost strength return to me and I retracted my fangs and kissed her cheek. She looked lovingly into my eyes. I reached into my boot and pulled out my stele and she let me sketch an Iratze on her neck. Despite my mouth tasting like blood, Isabelle wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me, hard. I returned the kiss with the same amount of force.
        "I'll be back in a hour." I promised and hugged her tightly.
        "Ok, be safe. Don't do anything stupid." Izzy said and kissed me one more time.
        "When do I ever do anything stupid?" I laughed.
        "Right." She laughed in a disbelieving tone. I hugged her once more,
        "I swear on the angel that I will come back."
        "Good." She said.
        "Dinner!" Maryse called from the stairs down the hall.
        "Well that's my que to leave, I already had dinner." I said and licked my lips jokeingly.
        "Real mature." Izzy said and rolled her eyes. We came out of our room and Maryse took in the sight of me with shock.
        "Why are you in gear?" She asked suspiciously.
        "I'm meeting with someone, I'm just taking precautions." I said.
        "Ok, then." She exhaled and went downstairs. Izzy and I followed her. Maryse continued to the kitchen and Izzy and I hesitated by the front door.
       "I promise I will be back in a hour." I said and took Isabelle's hands in mine. She looked into my eyes and nodded,      "Ok, see you then."
      I kissed her one more time and pushed the doors open and walked out into the cold winter air.