Chapter Twenty-seven

Start from the beginning

"My, my... who do we have here?" An unfamiliar voice peaked from behind me.

"Joseph" Marcus spoke with warning. "This is my girlfriend, Kylie"

"Is that so?" Joseph replied.

With a nudge from Marcus I quickly intervened. "Y-yes I'm his girlfriend, Kylie, nice to meet you -- Joseph".

"I'm surprised a beautiful woman, like yourself, would have a man at tow like Marcus" he grinned, raking his eyes over my body.

I felt my body shiver in disgust under his eye. Sure he was extremely attractive, though something was definitely off about him. Maybe it was the way he looked at me, as though I was his next meal.

"Joseph -- we best get back to greeting -- we will see you later on" Marcus spoke over his shoulder, pulling on my hand to escape.

When we were finally out of earshot, Marcus looked deep into my eyes. "I want you to stay far away from that man -- he's bad news".

Before I could question, Marcus had once again pulled on my hand and directed us to our table.

"This is Melanie and Thomas -- my parents.." he said gesturing to the two people mingling by our table.

I could see where Marcus got his looks from. Both parents were extremely stunning, dressed impeccably with a look of power.

"Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs McNelly" I politely greeted with an extension of hand.

I withdrew my hand when neither returned the gesture.

I looked to my side in question, Marcus was staring back at me with what looked like guilt. "Don't let them ruin your night" he whispered. "Come Ky".

I wonder why Marcus doesn't think much of his parents. They didnt seem all too bothered by his presence either.

We were, once again on the move. I was surprised when he lead us towards the dance floor where a couple of pairs had occupied.

"May I have this dance, young lady?" He smirked, grabbing two drinks from a passing waiter.

Passing one over "Cheers Ky" he said raising a glass.

We clinked glasses, downed our wine and made our way onto the floor.

Marcus placed his arm on my lower back, in contact with my bare skin. His touch sending shivers down my spine.

What I would do to have those hands down lower. I thought as we swayed to the music.

I nestled my head onto his shoulder as I got lost in the beat.

"E-excuse me?" A young waiter nervously brought our attention. "Th-the music has stopped and w-we are about to serve food".

We looked at the waiter and around and relised the lights had been switched on and the music had come to a halt. All eyes were on us, some disgruntled whilst others with a look of admiration.

We made our way through the crowd and once again back to our table.

His parents were still seated, with all respect I gave a small smile their way. They may not like me though I didn't know them well enough to judge.

"Will you excuse me, I need to use the ladies room?" I whispered to Marcus.

With a nod of his head, I was on my way.

When I had finished, I was surprised to find Claire awaiting outside the cubicle.

"I see you have indeed -- fu*ked the boss, didn't I make my warning clear enough for you?" She spat out viciously.

I didn't have the time to argue back, I made my way to the door and was pulled back by large tallons.

"No one walks away from me, you stupid b*tch"

Everything come to a halt when Mrs McNelly surprised us with her presence.

"W-what is happening here, Claire" she questioned, eyeing her grip on my upper arm.

Wow, they know each other?

"Oh - oh nothing Melanie, we are just having a harmless chat" she spoke angelicly.

When I didn't give her the satisfaction of disagreeing, a large smile crept on her face. She held her grip on my arm and awaited Melanie's departure.

"I'll see you shortly Kylie" she said looking inbetween Claire and I skeptically.

"Y-yes Mrs McNelly, I'm sure Claire will be finished with me shortly". I replied before she made her way back to our table.

"I see you have that witch wrapped around your finger too Kylie. You are full of surprises -- I have a surprise for you too" she grinned.

On cue, the restroom door opened once again and in walked the last person I hoped to see.

My heart pounded in my chest as I looked at the man who made my life a living hell.

Jacob.

"Well, well -- don't you scrub up well Ky" he winked, closing the gap inbetween us.

My voice failed me, I couldn't get a word out. I was cornered in the rest room by two enemies, unable to think of an escape.

A large hand connected with my cheek as my legs gave in. I collapsed on the floor at the feet of my monster. My face began to sting as tears began to blur my vision. Jacob had never laid a hand on me before.

He must be furious.

"You think I appreciate my girlfriend getting cosy with another man?" He bellowed. "Your coming with me" he added whilst grabbing a handful of my hair and yanking.

I let out a loud screech as jacob began dragging me along the floor. I looked around for help and could only find Claire staring back with a sickly grin.

"We can't drag her out, it will cause a scene" Claire thankfully warned Jacob.

He pondered on his thoughts before looking down at me.

"I'll see you soon Kylie - mark my words".

Claire and Jacob both left the restroom. My head fell into my lap as sobs began to wrack my body.

When will this end?

I stayed in that position for a while, feeling sorry for myself. The door had swung open, though I was too weak to see who it was. A familiar voice enveloped the room though I was too far gone to understand.

Large hands wrapped around my body as the tears continued to stream down my face. I was lifted and carried bridal style away from the venue.

I hid my face into the crook of my saviors neck as the familiar scent of cologne sent a calm through my body.

Marcus. My savior.