epilogue

2:21am

6 years

maya rocked her 1 year old son, michael, back and forth for him to fall back asleep. but his cries only grew louder. and for the life of her, she could not find a way to get him to fall asleep.

she had tried changing him, feeding him, driving him around, but nothing.

suddenly maya began to cry, not loudly, just a soft cry. it was two in the morning and she had gotten four hours of sleep that entire week.

suddenly lucas walked into the nursery "Maya, I told you to wake me up if he started to cry. You need to sleep".

"No it's fine. I got it, he'll fall asleep soon. I'm not even that tired". maya refused

she looked up at lucas, her eyes were watering, and she had the biggest bags under her eyes, but she still looked so ungodly beautiful to lucas.

lucas took michael out of mays's small arms, "please go to sleep princess, i'll handle michael". maya sighed, lucas hugged her goodnight and kissed her forehead, while she slowly walked out of the nursery.

lucas looked down at his son, who was a spitting image of him. he has his hair, his piercing green eyes, his face structure, everything.

michaels cries died down while lucas rocked back and forth and whispered to him .

michaels eyes fluttered shut, and his cries completely stopped. lucas carefully placed him back in his crib.

after lucas and maya ran away, they moved to Florida. They changed their last names and created an entirely new life for themselves.

lucas got a job with a great car company which covers all there finances, allowing maya to stay at home with michael, and hopefully more kids soon to come. but maya still enjoys teaching some art classes on the weekends.

they've tried to contact their parents and make amends, but there's been no luck. it doesn't bother them as much as it used to though.

lucas and maya were finally happy. there lives were perfect, and they were gonna do anything to keep it that way. if their parents don't want to be happy and live a perfect life alongside them, that was their decision. but maya and lucas weren't gonna let that effect anything.

lucas walked down the hallway, and into his and maya's bedroom. maya was already fast asleep, sprawled across their bed.

lucas smiled, carefully scootching maya's small body over towards her side of they bed. lucas crawled in beside her. maya's body adjusted to his as she naturally turned and rested her head on lucas's chest.

he wrapped his arms around her and just stared at the ceiling for what only felt like seconds. thinking to himself, wondering how the fuck he got so lucky.

what are the odds that a single mom and single dad meet, both just so happen to have a broken privileged son, and a broken privileged daughter. who would have ever thought under the circumstances that it wasn't only the parents that fell in love, but more so those damn broken privileged kids.

they never had it so good.