Epilogue

6 months later

Things have become calm again, and everything is pretty much back to the way it used to be before all these mysterious killings have occurred.

But everything that I have experienced from that one day being held hostage will forever be in my mind.

I haven't heard anything from or about Nate since the one day the news talked about him being transferred from the hospital over to the institution. I even asked Dad if he heard anything and he said that he hadn't. This was a good thing, at least I hoped it was.
---
Raven and I came back from the mall. We noticed a package on my front patio. As I picked it up, it said my name on it.

"What'd you order this time?" Raven asked.
"Nothing." I responded.

I then looked at the address from the sender, it didn't look familiar to me.

I took it inside and went over to my Dad.

"Dad, what's this package from?" I asked. "It has my name on it but I don't know the address."

Dad took the package from me and looked at the shipping address. He was also clueless.

He then had us go into another room while he opened it, just in case there was a bomb inside of it or something.

He came out from the kitchen where he opened it and held a CD case and a letter. He gave it to me without saying a single word.

I opened the envelope of the letter and read the writing.

Sarah,

I checked myself out of the mental institution. They didn't believe me when I said I was okay. I'm still not, but I'm doing better things with my life. I changed part of who I am and did exactly what you told me to do and I followed my dreams. I finally recorded some of my music along with some other people, who have also stayed alongside me and helped me with my mental breakdowns. They're not as bad as they were before, but when they happen, they're pretty bad. But I'm surviving and thriving, more than I was before. Maybe this entire experience with you and Matt changed me for the better, and for that I thank you. I thank both of you.

~Nathan Sharp (aka Nathan Smith)

I then looked at the name of the CD.

Sandcastle Kingdoms by NateWantsToBattle

NateWantsToBattle. That's a cool nickname to give himself, especially considering his past.

"That's a CD from Nate?" Raven asked.
"What does it have? Music?" Dad asked.
"Probably." I responded.

For the hell of it, we decided to play the CD in the living room and listen to it together. My eyes widened as I immediately heard one of the lyrics from one of his songs.

Voice in my head said to keep on going
Don't let 'em see you bleed don't want your weakness showing
Need you to see me
If you could just believe me

Wow.

His songs were amazing.

He's going to make it big one day. I can see it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the end of my story! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I'm definitely going to be making more NateWantsToBattle stories in the future! So stay tuned!

Thank you guys!

Jackir30