Two

The man smiled at me menacingly before touching his pointer finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet.

He then grabbed onto the cloth wrapped around my mouth with one hand and held a knife to the other hand.

"Scream anything and I will kill you." He threatened.

I nodded. I wasn't going to do that anyways.

He then untied the cloth around me and and knelt down next to me so we could see each other face to face.

I stared at him for a brief moment, looking at the black, smoky makeup covering his eyes and the blue streaks coming down his cheeks. Was there meaning behind the makeup was or did he just do it for kicks?

I finally spoke, "Wh-Who are you?"
He smirked a smile, "that wouldn't be the proper thing to respond to, wouldn't it?"
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"If I tell you my name, then you would know who I am if you somehow possibly escaped." He said.
"NATE!" A voice suddenly shouted.

We both looked over at the other man who was tied up at the other end of the room, he must've just woken up.

Nate then looked back at me and smiled.

"Smart man." Nate responded.

Nate then turned over to the other man and walked over to him.

"Mat, buddy! You're awake!" Nate exclaimed, sounding enthusiastic. "I brought you a friend, just like you wanted!"
"I never wanted a friend." The man named Mat claimed.
"Well, too bad, I got you one anyways." Nate responded.
I let out a chuckle. "Yeah, the chief's daughter, not very smart if you asked me."

Nate then grew angry, walked over to me and put the knife against my throat. My heart was racing, but I remained calm.

"Listen to me..." Nate hissed. "You better watch what the hell you say to me, otherwise I'll cut out your tongue!"

I nodded and he slowly removed the knife away from me.

"W-Well, she's right." Mat suddenly added. "It's not very smart of you kidnappings her... the police and FBI will be looking everywhere for both you and her now."
"Does it look like I give a damn?" Nate asked. "Because neither of you know where in the hell you are, so therefore, they won't know either!"
"You'd be surprised." I responded.
"So would you." He added.

Nate suddenly went over to Mat and swung a punch right at his face.

"Get the hell up and don't make any sudden moves!" Nate exclaimed to him.

Nate quickly untied him and Mat got up. I watched as he stood right where he was at, surprisingly not making any sudden moves. I wanted to tell him to run, but for some reason, I didn't.

If he wanted to run, he would've done it already.

I watched as Nate dragged the chair over right next to me. Nate then grabbed Mat and retied him back up like he was before, only closer to me.

"I'm going to let you two get acquainted for a bit." Nate told the two of us. "Don't say anything that will get yourselves killed, alright?"

The two of us just stared at him as he walked away into another room.

But then, he suddenly paused and looked over his shoulder before entering the room he was going into.

"I-I'm sorry." He mumbled, but loud enough for us to hear.

It didn't sound menacing or scary, it sounded more innocent and sad. It confused and worried me.

Finally, he went into the room and closed the door behind him.

I looked over to Mat, "What the hell was that about?"
Mat looked at me nervously. "I-If I told you, he could hurt us."
"Hurt us?" I asked. "I thought he said he would kill us if we said anything too risky?"
"He won't..." Matt assured me. "Because if he kills me, he'll be killing the person he loves."
---
Raven's POV

It was around midnight and I was about to go to bed when suddenly, I heard what sounded like frantic knocking at the front door. I immediately went and answered it.

It was Sarah's parents.

"Raven!" Sarah's mom immediately exclaimed. "Have you seen our daughter?"
"What?" I asked, immediately beginning to panic. "I watched her go down the street and turn down her street back to the house!"
"She hasn't come back home!" Sarah's mom exclaimed.
"What?" I asked. "How?"
"I don't know!" She responded.
"Listen, since you're the last person who saw our daughter, we have to file a missing person's report." Sarah's Dad explained. "And we're going to get as many people as we can to help find her and whoever could've possibly took her, if anybody did at all."
"Whatever you're planning on doing, I'm in!" I immediately volunteered.
"Thank you, Raven." Sarah's Dad nodded.

I looked over at Sarah's mom, who was becoming emotional.

"We'll find Sarah, don't worry." I assured her, putting my hand on her shoulder.
"Th-Thank you." Sarah's mom sobbed.

I nodded as I went back into the house and left a note for my parents, who were already asleep. I then followed Sarah's parents out of the door and we drove all the way to the police station.