One

I woke up to the sound of my Dad rushing down the hallway, getting ready to go to work. I immediately got out of bed to catch up to him and try to say goodbye to him. But before I could say anything, he was already out the door.

I sighed, "Why does he always run off like this?"
"You know your Dad's very busy at work." My mom responded as she walked over to me. "Ever since these mysterious disappearances and murders have been occurring around here, your father's been trying to figure out who has been responsible."
"I barely see him anymore." I sighed. "Before this town somehow became hell, nothing happened and we would always see him as soon as he got back from work."
"Well, you can't expect perfection in life, sweetie." My mom responded.
"I know..." I nodded.

I then got a buzz on my phone. It continued to vibrate as I looked at my phone. My friend Raven was calling.

"Hey." I answered.
"Hey." Raven responded back. "Listen, I know your family life is kind of busy right now, but I was kinda wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out?"
"Sure." I responded. "When?"
"Maybe meet me at my place around 6:00?" Raven asked.
"Okay, sounds good." I nodded.

As I went back inside my house, I told my mom my plans to hang out with Raven. She suddenly became uncomfortable.

"Do you think you could get Raven to possibly pick you up?" My mom asked. "I know she only lives around the block, but I don't want you walking alone to her house."
"Mom, nothing's going to happen, I promise." I assured her. "Besides, it'll still be light out at 6:00."
"Alright, well make sure you text me as soon as you get to her house." Mom stated. "And DO NOT FORGET!"
"I promise mom, I will!" I said.
---
Around 5:45, I decided to start heading over to Raven's house. I looked at the sky. It was still pretty bright out and the sun was just about to set. But as I turned and headed over to the street where Raven lived, I noticed an eerie fog that was coming from the ground. It had rained earlier today, so maybe it was condensing? Either way, it felt creepy.

As I walked into the fog, everything around me became more difficult to see. It felt like I was walking in the middle of nowhere.

I then suddenly became uneasy, as if I was being followed or watched. I kept hesitating and looking around, but nobody was there. I then began to suspect that it was just me being paranoid from this sudden fog.

I then decided to do possibly the dumb thing and run through the fog. But eventually, as I kept running, everything around me became more clearer and I felt safe to walk again.

After what felt like hours, I finally made it to Raven's house. I immediately texted my mom before knocking on the door.

As Raven answered the door, she gave me a look of concern as she could see me scared.

"You okay?" Raven asked.
"Yeah." I responded. "I just felt like somebody was following me that's all."
"With all these bizarre situations going on I can understand that." Raven agreed.

She finally let me into her house and as soon as she shut the door behind her, I felt safe again.
---
10pm

I had to leave the house once again to walk home. I actually begged Raven and she begged her parents to just drive me home real quick. But, because they are environmental maniacs, they said no. My mom and Dad were both home asleep already thanks to their early morning jobs. So it was up to me to walk myself home.

Raven decided to stay out on the front patio and watch as I turned the corner to the street where my house was. I kind of felt safe.

But once I turned that corner, everything changed and the paranoia set in again. I felt like people were surrounding me even though as I looked around, nobody was there.

As I noticed my house not too far from where I was, I felt a small sense of relief go through my body. As I approached the house closer and closer, relief filled me even more.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, my relief immediately turned to fear as I felt something covering my mouth from behind me. It was tasteless, and that fear in my body was short lived as I had suddenly blacked out from whatever had supposedly poisoned me.
---
I woke up to find myself in what looked like a basement of some sort. There were only two lights glowing in the room, everything else was complete darkness.

As I tried standing up, I felt myself being tied to a chair from my wrists and ankles. As I tried to yell, a cloth covered my mouth to keep me from screaming any louder.

As I looked to the right of me, I noticed another young man also tied to the chair. I couldn't tell whether he was unconscious or just sleeping. But either way, I wasn't alone.

Chills came down my spine as I heard an evil laugh come from directly behind me. I then heard footsteps come from behind me to the front of me.

When he came into my view, I could see a young man wearing all black with jet black hair and what seemed like makeup and dark blue streaks running down his face.

I didn't say anything, I only stared at him, trying to figure out who he was, where I was and what he was doing with me.

Realization then suddenly hit me.

He was the man who caused all the sudden murders and kidnappings in my town. And I was his next victim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the cheesy first half of this chapter. I just needed something to lead me into the first half of this chapter.

Anyways, this is the story that will be replaced over "Life's Biggest Lie" for those of you who read that story. I'm really excited to be writing this story and I hope you guys enjoy!

More to come!

~Jackir30