Store runs and Prison visits

Start from the beginning

Nothing I can do? I'm just the little girl who was helpless in all her foster homes again. The girl who went to jail because Neal stole those watches. The girl that can't do anything.

Graham walks into the room with a file. "I got a lead" he says setting down a folder. "On Gold?" I ask.

   "Yes" he says and I open the folder curiously. "It's evidence that he blackmailed someone else. I'm not sure who but I'm sure I can pull a few strings and get a name. Their testimony was going to help put Gold in Jail but all of a sudden the witness pulled out."

  "Probably out of fear. Gold probably threatened him and/or his family". I say and Graham nods. He sighs and says "Emma it's been a long day. Until I can find our witness we can't do anything. You should go home and see Henry, catch a movie, and I don't know but anything is better than spending your Friday here". He says chucking. "I'm sure" I say and gather my things.

  I am about to call Henry when I look at the time and realize he still has two hours left of school. Instead I call Killian. He answers almost right away, as if waiting for my call.

  "Emma!" He exclaims. I laugh and say "Killian!" in the same tone. "Excuse my excitement but we haven't had the pleasure of speaking in awhile.' He says sounding disappointed. "I know Killian and I'm sorry but I've been so busy with work." I say hoping he isn't upset. "It's okay love, I understand." I let out a sigh of relief. Unlike all my exes, he isn't clingy and doesn't get pissed easily. "But" he says.  There it is I think to myself. "To make it up to me, you can let me take you out tonight. Just me and you?" I love the idea but I remember Henry and how I wanted to have dinner with him today. "I'm sorry Killian! I would love to but I can't leave Henry.Actually... I have a better idea! How about I cook and you come over and have dinner with us?" I ask, hopeful he'll say yes. "I would be honored Emma. Plus I miss the lad; I haven't had anyone to watch superhero movies with" He says laughing. "Well then, I'll see you at 6:00? I just need to swing buy the grocery store then I'll start cooking." He thinks for a moment and then says "How about you drive home now. Then in about half an hour I'll swing by and we can both go grocery shopping and we can even pick up Henry from school on our way back. Henry and I can hang out until you cook." "Hey that's not fair you guys get to have all of the fun while I cook" I object. "Well too bad" he teases. "Fine" I say faking a dramatic sigh "I'll see you soon Kil" I say. "See you soon Em".  I hang up and drive home.

When I get home I just lay down on the couch thinking. Mostly about work and how I'll be able to deal with Regina. After about ten minutes I realize Killian's probably on his way so I change into leggings, a white tank top and a black light sweatshirt. Instead of wearing boots I wear tennis shoes. Pleased with my comfortable outfit I walk over the couch and right before I was about to sit down, I get a text from Killian saying he's downstairs. I grab my sunglasses and run down stairs, excited to see him.

  When I reach the lobby and walk out I see Killian standing outside his car. I walk over and give him a hug. "I missed you Swan" he says kissing me and spinning me around. "Me too" I say after pulling away. He walks over to the passenger side door and opens it for me. I smile at his gentle-manliness and get in. On our way to the grocery store we stop by Starbucks.

"How was work?" He asks shifting his eyes from the road to me. I roll my eyes and say "It sucked". He raises his eyebrow so I elaborate "Now Robin doesn't even want to get out of jail. I can tell that he hates being there and it won't get any easier. I was lucky when I went to jail because it was a minimum security penitentiary but his has the worst of the worst in there. Gold made sure of that."

  Killian says "Gold? The old man who owns that pawn shop on Main Street?" I nod "Yeah that's him".  He nods "Don't worry love, you'll get him. You always do" he says reassuringly as he puts his hand on my thigh. I smile and he squeezes gently. I need you. I am so glad I have you Killian. I think to myself.