Chapter three: the break down

Max

The week is over and I have to go back to Megan's house. I've got to find out why she was acting so different, it's strange. I walk up and knock on her door, she answers this time wearing the same thing from yesterday only she had a white shirt with an arctic wolf face on it. "Hey max"

The first thing that I say the second we get to her room is "mind and tell me why you're acting so different?"

"Man I was hoping you forgot about that" she droops her head

'She kinda looks cute when she's sad, wait what? Did I actually just think that?' I shook the idea from my head "I don't forget about promises"

"Fine, I don't act like myself at all in school" she admitted "when I said its teas or be teased, I wasn't kidding. If you don't act like a bitch when there, you're thought of as weak and you'll get beat up and teased" she sat down on one of the stools

"Oh, that kind of makes sense"

She nodded "I was bullied for 8 years and when I came here I quickly picked up on how things went, so I did what was best for my mental and physical heath" I saw a few tears fall from her face. She spoke again, her voice cracked as she did so "I don't want to though"

I felt really bad now, I forced her to tell me this and now she's crying "it's ok" a thought came across my mind "hey not to make things worse, but do you have any real friends? Not those other assholes"

She shook her head, still looking down, silent tears still falling "I've only had one real friend my entire life, and she's back in my old town across the country"

I knew how she felt, I kind of missed Tim "its ok, I'm right there with yah on that one. I miss my old friend too"

"At least you have new friends, you walked right in on your first day with them" she sighed, her breath slowed down a bit but I could still see some tears drip off her face "I've got no one"

"You have someone" I say trying to make her feel better

She looked up at me with her sad blue eyes "who, pray-tell, would want to be my friend?"

"Me" I smile

She wiped some of the tears away with the back of her hand "E-even though I'm a complete ass at school?"

I hug her "yep"

She hugs me back "thanks glad max" I roll my eyes. After she stopped crying we got to work on the project.