Chapter 8: Coward Chicken Little

Jane and Brian are in an awkward silence. There's a dead air.

Should I start a conversation or nah?... Brian thought holding his guitar.

Jane is sitting on the sofa, while brian is sitting on the beatbox. Brian decided to speak up.

"How's your feet?" Brian asked.

"Oh! It's a little fine now." Jane answered.

Brian just nodded. And both are on a dead air again. Both just shrugged his shoulders.

Brian strated strumming his guitar. This is his way to get rid of the dead air.

Now playing Officially Missing You by Tamia

Jane turned her head to where Brian is. Which is on his right side. Brian started singing.

All I hear is raindrops
Falling on the rooftop
Oh baby tell me why'd you have to go
Cause this pain I feel
It won't go away
And today I'm officially missing you

Woah it's been a while since I heard him sing. He's so good... Jane thought.

I thought that from this heartache
I could escape
But I fronted long enough to know
There ain't no way
And today
I'm officially missing you

Jane wanted to join so she grabbed the guitar right next to her and joined Brian. And she started to sing.

Oh can't nobody do it like you
Said every little thing you do
Hey baby say it stays on my mind
And I, I'm officially missing you

She's better since the last time I saw her sing.... Brian thought.

Both are enjoying each others company for the 1st time.

**
"Waaaaaaaaaah! I'm so full!" Jae said on their way back to their practice room.

"Nado!!!!!" Wonpil said.

I wonder where Jane is.... Jae said. He gets his phone and called Jane. But she's not answering. Jae shrugged his shoulders.

Maybe she's busy... Jae thought again.

"Hahaha Brian is just playing his guitar since we left and until we came back hahaha" Sungjin said. They heard the music coming from inside.

Dowoon opened the door and the 4 froze when they saw Jane and Brian jamming together and looking like they're enjoying.

Jane? What is she doing here with Brian? My heart hurts. Seeing my 1st love with someonelse... Jae thought to himself.

"JAAAAAAAAAAANE-YAAAAAAAAAAA!" Jae shouted that caused the two (Brian and Jane) to stop their song.

"Oh! CHICKEN LITTLE! You're here! I've been waiting for you." Jane said. She rushed to Jae. She forgot that she has a sprained foot. She almost fell, good thing Brian got her and let Jane sit on the sofa again.

"You're being clumsy again. Don't make any hassle to others because of your clumsiness." Brian said. He's like scolding Jane. He stood up and leave the room.

"Hyuuuuuuuuung! Your card!!!" Dowoon said and followed Brian outside.

Tsk? What's this? Awhile ago we're enjoying and now? He's acting like that. Argh.... Jane thought.

"Jane-ah! What happened to you? And why are you here?" Jae approached Jane.

"Yes. Haha I fell awhile ago, because of the wires of your guitars tsk! Hahahah and I'm here because I thought you were here. And I brought some food. But Brian was the only person inside. Hahaha" Jane said.

Okay I was just overthinking hahahah.... Jae thought and felt relieved.

"You sounded good together Jane!" Sungjin said.

"Yes! Sungjin hyung is right. Haha you can make a duo." Wonpil agreed.

"Shut up the both of you. Brian is our member, there's no way I can give up Brian just to be the partener of Jane! I love Brian hahahahahha." Sungjin and Wonpil rolled their eyes and went to the table to grab soe food which Jane brought.

Jane chuckled.

"You should have called me." Jae said.

"Haha I wanted to surprise you haha" Jane said.

Jae's heart skipped a beat. He smiled while massaging Jane's foot.

Why am I such a coward. I wanted to tell her what I feel eversince we were kids. Jae wae?... Jae thought.

**

What's this? I shoudn't feel this way. You still haven't move on Brian. Don't..... Brian thought.

"HYUNG! HYUNG!" Dowoon ran towards Brian.

"WHAT?!" Brian said. Disgusted.

"Argh! I kept on calling you! My lungs almost came out, but you still cant hear me!!!!" Dowoon said. Catching his breath.

"Oh mian. What is it?" Brian said.

"It's okay hehe! Here's your card. Thank you for the meal. U DA BEST!" Dowoon said.

"Oh right. I almost forgot. It's nothing. I'm going home see you tomorrow." Brian said.

"Okay hyung! Take care!!!" Dowoon said.

"You too." Brian said annd turned his engine on (motorcycle).

Just don't mind her Bri. Focus on yourself and Day6. I'm just carried away with the moment awhile ago. This will be gone tomorrow.... Brian thought.