Chapter 45: The Lovegoods

Začať od začiatku

Pandora didn't need to be told twice as she ran from the room...and Luna followed.

Down the hallways Pandora walked at a brisk pace, holding the child closely to her chest. She moved as fast as she dared without calling attention to herself. The last thing she need was to be stopped by an unspeakable. They couldn't know of her assigned mission, let alone her true intentions. She just prayed the infant didn't start crying.

Pandora hadn't realized she had been holding her breath until she locked herself in her office. Pandora gasped for breath as she placed the baby on her desk before allowing herself to collapse from the weight of everything. Pandora was certain she was having a panic attack but at the moment she couldn't fight it, she just had to suffer through it before she could do anything else. She conjured a paper bag and started breathing from it as she slumped to the floor, shaking.

Five minutes later Pandora crawled off the floor and looked to her desk only to see the child was missing. Pandora felt her blood freeze...

"Don't worry Pandora the child is in good hands... they may be a little small...but..."

Pandora turned and saw the one person she wanted to see more than anyone. "Filius, thank Merlin. Wait, why are you in my office?"

Filius smiled as he held the newborn in his arms. "If you looked around, you would realize this is my office. The subconscious has a way of leading us towards the things we need. I assume this is Xeno's daughter. What's the problem child and how can I help."

"She's a Squib...that woman wanted to..."

"I understand, I've worked with her longer than you child." Filius muttered darkly. "You convinced her to spare her own daughter, how?"

"I said I would try to give her magic." Pandora answered causing the Goblin to snort, Pandora looked down embarrassed. "What...It was the first thing I could think of."

"Well then I guess I have one more question." Filius spoke with his high pitched mischievous voice. "Why are you still here?"

Pandora looked up and saw the Goblin smirk. "I need to pack...I have too much research to leave behind...but I don't know if I have time...I just had to get away from that witch."

"I cannot leave...not yet, I helped build this place, and I won't abandon it to that woman. You don't have to stay. You are too good for this place. Get out now while you still can. As for your research. I have some friends in Gringotts, and I am in possession of a Time Turner. Your office is likely already cleaned out as we speak. When you get the chance go to Gringotts and they will unpack your research in your home, which I will also have them ward off. Bring Xenophilius there."

Pandora graciously took the infant back into her arm before crushing the Goblin with the other. "Thank you Filius, I can never repay you for this."

"And you will never need to." Filius replied. "Now go...better yet...grab my hand and hold that child tight. The Newborn might just be the first human to ever travel to a time before she was born."

Filius took out a golden chain necklace and Pandora had to kneel so it would fit around both of their heads. Luna began to stir as Filius fiddled with the watch. Disillusion the child Pandora, and you should be able to walk straight out the door. Stay at my place for a couple of hours, and deliver the child to her Father...Does she have a name yet?

"Not yet, but you'll be the first to know," Pandora insisted as she felt time spin around her, the infant looking around at the moving images eyes wide in wonder.

"You'll need to hide the child's identity, I'll rat you out and say you fled after your spells failed to predict the child's, early demise. Ghastly sounding yes but if Delores believes her child is alive...she'll have her killed."