Chapter 5: Crazy Train

Harry didn't see much of Luna after that or anyone really.

The next 3 weeks had gone by relatively quickly and Harry spent the whole time moving to Hogwarts and preparing for the new school year. Today Hogwarts was officially reopening for the first time since the end of the war and with the school being the site of Voldemort's death everyone was enlisting at Hogwarts.

Harry looked around at his unpacked office. The room was full of artefacts he had collected on his travels including the remains of the Horcrux's he had destroyed and Gryffindor's sword. It was also full of gifts he had been sent. It felt strange having wizards he never even met wanting to thank him for beating Voldemort but every now and then he was given something he couldn't resist. Somewhere just crazy however. He was even given a Basilisk egg...which was just a chicken egg.

Harry was in his new office preparing for what tomorrow would bring when he heard a knock on his door. He waved the door open to see The Headmistress standing there looking dishevelled.

"Mr. Potter we have need of your assistance."

"Already? What is it? None of the students are even here yet" Harry asked curiously.

The Headmistress gave an almost bewildered look "The problem is not here...but on the Hogwarts Express."

Harry sighed rubbing his forehead where his scar used to hurt. He had a feeling he knew why McGonagall was coming to him for help.

"It's Luna isn't it...what happened?"

Earlier that day everything was going as normal. Of course things where never normal for the dreamy girl at the back of the train. It was a quiet, boring trip with most of her fellow DA members not returning to Hogwarts. Luna found herself missing Harry which was strange since she never missed anyone...except for her mother of course. That said she never had a real friend before and she now felt closer to Harry then she had to anyone beside her parents.

Luna was usually content reading the latest addition of the Quibbler but she even found that boring. So she turned the book upside down for the challenge. It wasn't easy to read upside down but she had developed a knack for it.

"Why do you read upside down?" Luna didn't even need to look up to see the snotty Pansy Parkinson.

"Why don't you?" Luna answered without much thought. Pansy sat in the seat facing Luna who ignored her completely. "You'd think a Loony such as yourself would like some company," Pansy sneered. "What do you know about what I think," Luna asked curiously not looking up from her paper.

"I know a lot about what you think. It's the same thing a chicken thinks when you cut its head off". Pansy snorted laughing like a pig would.

"Have you ever been transfigured into a chicken and had your head cut off," Luna asked.

"WHAT NO! What's wrong with you," Pansy asked with a repulsed look on her face.

"Then you have no more of an idea for what a decapitated chicken thinks then what I think," Luna answered factually.

"You're even worse than Hermione," Pansy snarled

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Do you not know Hermione?" Luna asked more confused.

"I know she's a stuck up, know it all bitch but at least she's not a psycho who puts people in the hospital wing just for making fun of your mommy." Pansy was now getting infuriated. She had come here to pick on Luna but it felt like she was the one being made to look foolish.