Chapter 25: Home

The problem wasn't what was going to happen, but waiting for it to happen. They knew of course what would happen, but it only made the wait worse.

Harry and Luna sat in the Headmistress' office while McGonagall waited impatiently for a certain Charms Professor. Eventually the doors burst open to reveal the small Wizard filling the room with his powerful presence. "Minerva, it has been a privilege working for this institution, but I am afraid I must resign from my post. Now unless you have any other business..."

"As a matter of fact I do Filius. SIT DOWN!" The Headmistress ordered, Filius ran to his seat like a little puppy.

"So I assume I have been fired," Harry said without care.

"Of course you have been fired. You punched the MINISTER OF MAGIC!" McGonagall Exclaimed.

"Not one of my better moments," Harry admitted.

"I respectively disagree," Filius chuckled.

"Nevertheless Filius, these actions have consequences. You three have been banned from Hogwarts property. I will give the three of you until supper to pack..."

"Three of us? You mean Luna too?" Harry interrupted.

"She assaulted Ministry officials..."

"If I didn't those stunners would have killed Harry. Remember what five did to you?" Luna whispered coldly.

"I am an old woman."

"Yes Harry is younger, but twenty stunners would have killed him. What if I get my magic back? Are you expelling me for saving the man I love?"

"YES I AM!" McGonagall shouted, "You don't make the rules Luna. We must accept that there are things we cannot change, and your actions have consequences."

"This is about my work isn't it? Do you simply disagree with it or are you working with the Minister." Luna uttered darkly.

McGonagall sighed, "I am not working with the Minister. He is my friend and I support some of his decisions and disagree with others. Today I disagreed strongly, but what followed was far worse."

"Worse than treachery?" growled Harry.

"YES!"

"Halting her research won't stop her from achieving her goals Minerva." Filius whispered quietly. "I would have thought you of all people, would appreciate her work."

"I appreciate her work greatly Filius. As a Halfblood, bringing Muggles and Wizards together would be a dream come true. My Witch Mother gave up her magic for her family. She never regretted her choice, but I still see the pain in her eyes when I got my Hogwarts letter." Minerva adjusted her glasses. "I'm sorry, I may be the Headmistress, but I must follow the rules."

"I go where Harry goes. Nothing changes for me. I just wanted to know why." Luna whispered before rising to leave with the two wizards.

"The curse lives on then, another defense teacher down," Harry sighed sadly. "Hogwarts has been my home for eight long years."

"Hogwarts will always be your home Harry."

Harry looked up to see the smiling face of Albus Dumbledore hanging from the wall. "Harry, Hogwarts is not just the castle in which we currently reside. It is not just a place of learning, nor is it just a place we prepare for the future. Hogwarts is a place where we find ourselves, and where we find each other. Hogwarts is the friends you make, the friends you keep, the love you win, and the love you lose. Hogwarts is in your heart."

"Hogwarts shall always be with you as long as you hold on to the Memories. The girl beside you is your Hogwarts. Stand together and I promise you both will always have a home."