Chapter 13 - Love & Sacrifice.

Start from the beginning

Things were going to look bad from here.

--------

The three of us walked quietly through the dark woods. None of us said a word. We couldn't find the right words to say, if there was any. I could feel Marcel's eyes keep landing on me. He wanted to talk about what happened with Peter, but there really wasn't much to say at the moment. He just quietly grabbed my hand, and I gave it a squeeze as we walked through the woods.

"Shouldn't you two be in bed?" Aslan suddenly said, which made Marcel and I very confused. Was he talking to us? We both turned around, and all of a sudden, we saw Susan and Lucy walk out of the woods. They had been following us the entire time.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy said as they started walking towards us.

"Please. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked us.

"We could use some more company for a little while." Aslan said to the two girls.

Susan walked over to the left side of Aslan while Lucy ran in between Aslan and I. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it as she stroked Aslan's mane. She gave me a sad smile, still unsure of why Marcel and I were here. I couldn't find the right words to say to her so I just gave her a sad smile back. We walked through the woods for a little while longer in silence. It was comforting knowing that Susan and Lucy were with us, but it made me upset knowing that it wouldn't last long. When I saw the light from the fire ahead, I knew that it was time.

"It is time," Aslan said looking up at Marcel and I, "From here, we must go alone."

"But Aslan-" Susan started but Aslan cut her off.

"You have to trust me on this. For this must be done." Aslan said. He looked over at Marcel and I and we both had our heads down.

"Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy. And farewell." Aslan said. He gave us a sad look and started to walk ahead. I bent down and gave Lucy a hug.

"Thank you for everything." I said as I hugged her. We pulled away, and she looked confused and like she was about to cry.

"Where are you going?" She asked me. A sad smile formed on my face and I placed my hand on her cheek.

"You have to trust me. Everything is going to be alright." I told her. A couple of tears fell down her cheek, but I was quick to wipe them away. I placed a kiss on her forehead before I stood up and walked over to Susan. Marcel bent down and hugged Lucy tightly. Susan gave me a small sad smile and tears built up in her eyes. We hugged each other quickly and tightly. Susan and I had gotten very close ever since I met her. Not only was she my best friend, but she was my sister.

"Promise me something." I told her, "Look after Peter for me."

"But just tell me-"

"Susan, promise me." I told her as I pulled away. She looked at me for a moment before nodding her head.

"I promise." She whispered, finally starting to figure out what was about to happen. She was smart, and I knew she would figure it out eventually.

"Hazel, we have to go." Marcel said to me as he had his arm around Lucy.

I sadly smiled before looking at Susan one last time. Marcel looked down at Lucy and gave her shoulder one last squeeze before pulling away. I walked away from Susan and we walked over to Aslan. He walked in between Marcel and I as we kept walking until we reached the opening to the stairs. The witch's people, or otherwise know as creatures, as stood around the stairs. As we walked up the stairs, the filthy creatures growled at us, mainly Aslan. They parted for us as we walked up the stairs. The only thing that allowed us to see where we were going was the torches. I looked up and saw the witch step up onto the stone table. She was wearing a black dress and she held a dagger in her hand. Once we reached the front of the table, I took in a deep breath as I realized that I was not prepared for what I was about to watch happen.