Chapter 14 - The Great Battle.

Hazel's P.O.V.

The witch had us placed in a tent that was not far from her's. Her camp was definitely nothing like Aslan's camp. It was a lot more darker and there was no laughter or happiness in it. All of her creatures focused on getting ready for battle or they were walking around camp being prepared for anything. It was awful here, and I couldn't stop thinking about Peter and the others. Would Peter have everyone ready by the time the witch comes? I need to stop worrying myself. Peter will have everyone ready. Aslan believed he could lead an army, and so do I.

"About what happened back there-" Marcel started to say, but I cut him off.

"Please don't-" I started to say, thinking he was going to talk about Aslan, but he cut me off.

"Not about Aslan." He said to me. My hands gripped the sheets of my small bed in the tent as I looked up at him. He was talking about Peter, and just the thought of Peter in general made me feel sadder but safer.

"It was nothing." I told him and he didn't seem to believe me.

"A kiss isn't nothing, Hazel." He said to me. I sighed and laid back down on the bed. My hands went underneath my head and just the thought of not being with Peter during all of this made me upset.

"It's nothing when you're never going to see them again." I said quietly and that's when he got up and walked over to my bed. He sat down on the foot of it, and made me sit up.

"No, don't talk like that." He said to me, "You will see him again. And everyone else. We can still fight back against the witch even though we're here. We're more powerful than her."

"We can't just walk up to her and attack her. We have to at least act like we're on her side." I pointed out.

"Which is why we'll make our move during the right moment in the battle. We're not going to let her have control over us. She may think we're her children, but we aren't. A vile witch like her could never be considered our mother." He told me, which made me smile a little bit for the first time that night. He was right, as usual. That's one of the things I hated but loved about my brother.

"You will see Peter again. Believe me, I want you two to happen just as much as you do. He cares about you so much, or else he wouldn't have treated you the way he did back there. He's true to his word, and he keeps his family safe. That's a true man, Hazel." He told me and I nodded my head in agreement.

"He is. Do you really think this will work?" I asked him.

He gave me a small smile before placing his hand on top of mine and saying, "Yes."

Just as he said those words, the flaps to the tent opened. The witch walked inside with two of her guards behind her. I sat up a little bit and Marcel scooted closer to me. She walked towards us slowly with a small grin forming on her face.

"This is such a lovely sight. Both of my children back home." She said, which made Marcel mad.

"Home? This is what you call home? We're in the middle of the woods in a dark tent! How is this home? Plus, I don't see any chicken around here to eat and I don't consider any place home until I've had a proper meal." He told her, which made me stifle a laugh. The witch looked down at him before laughing slightly.

"Why didn't you just say so?" She asked.

She pulled out a silver vile from her coat, and opened the hatch on the top. She tilted it and a drop of liquid came out. It hit the ground, and my eyes widened when a silver container formed on the ground. The witch picked it up and handed it to Marcel. He hesitated before taking it out of her hands. When he opened it, there were pieces of chicken sitting in the container.