Chapter 5 - Long Live The "Queen."

Hazel's P.O.V.

We all took in the beautiful surroundings as we walked through the wintry forest. The smiles plastered on our faces looked as if they could never be removed. Even Edmund was smiling as we walked through the land of Narnia.

It was beautiful here. Even though there weren't many signs of life, it was the scenery that blew my mind. Marcel was walking up ahead with Lucy as she dragged him through the snow. I laughed loudly when Peter decided to try to run down a hill, but slipped. I went over to him, and held out my hand. He laughed as he took it, and I pulled him up.

We walked down the hill, and around the corner of a large boulder. Lucy wouldn't stop telling us how great the faun's house was.

"-lots of lovely food, and lots of, lots of-" she was telling us, but stopped when she looked ahead of her.

My head whipped around Marcel's tall figure, and I saw a large rock was in front of us. In the middle of the rock wall was a door, but it looked like it had been knocked down. My eyes widened, and my hand flew up to my mouth. That must've been where Mr. Tumnus lived.

"Lu?" Peter asked her slowly.

She just stared at it for a moment before gasping loudly and sprinting towards the door.

"Lucy!" Peter shouts after her. He took off quickly after her, and we all followed his footsteps.

Lucy stopped once she got inside the cavern, and gasped quietly. We all stopped behind her, and we all looked around in shock. There were papers all over the floor, and books with pages torn out. All of the wooden furniture was broken, and the cushions from the couches and armchairs were scattered with the torn paper on the floor.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked slowly as we all started to look around.

Edmund picked up a picture frame that had fallen from the wall, and I looked over his shoulder to look at the picture. It was a faun, maybe Mr. Tumnus, but he looked older than Lucy described him. I gave the picture a sad look before Edmund placed the picture down. Peter walked over to a paper that was hooked onto a far wall. He glanced at all of us before taking it in his hands. We all gathered around him, except for Edmund.

"The faun, Tumnus, is hereby charged with high treason against her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, The Queen of Narnia for comforting the enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed, Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen." Peter read slowly.

"Some queen." Marcel muttered sarcastically under his breath.

"Now we really should go back!" Susan said to us.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked frantically.

"He was arrested just for being with a human! I don't think there's much we can do." Susan said to her little sister sadly. A small frown formed on my face because we all knew how much Lucy wanted to help her friend. We couldn't go back or else Lucy would be a mess. Plus, I want to figure out while I feel like I know this place.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lucy asked sadly as we all looked down at her, "I'm the human! She must've found out he helped me."

"Maybe we need to call the police?" Marcel suggested.

"These are the police." Susan said to him as I hugged Lucy.